Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.
We are looking for an experienced HR Mobilisation Advisor to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and rapidly developing business enabling Atkins to achieve its ambitious growth targets.
Reporting directly to the Head of HR Shared Services your core responsibilities will vary but will include:
• Work closely with the Regional Centres of Expertise (Recruitment, HRSS, Immigration) to deliver in depth specialist services: specifically this is acting as a liaison to our project teams
• Build strong and balanced relationships with both project teams and the rest of the HR department
• Ensure that project execution plans are maintained and Project Directors are informed of any significant changes
• Follow up with the local HR & Immigration team to ensure that visas are being processed
• Coordinate with external immigration vendors
• Keep abreast of immigration rules / policies and procedures for each GCC country
• Ensure that all project employees are inducted prior to starting their assignment: including conducting inductions where required
• Prepare regular management reports: including project reports and a monthly regional Immigration report
• Establish a reputation for being credible, reliable and for getting things done
• Ad hoc tasks as and when required
• Degree qualified
• Experience in planning, managing and successfully delivering large complex projects involving multiple stakeholders
• Experience of working effectively in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to manage multiple Mobilisations across geographically dispersed locations
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
• Resilient and tenacious with the ability to work under pressure
• Driven to succeed, highly organised, with the ability to identify and focus on business priorities and deliver to tight deadlines
• Strong influencing skills, can build effective relationships with key stakeholders
• Confident, diplomatic and tactful – demonstrating high levels of confidentiality
• Proficient in the use of spreadsheet, database and word processing packages such as Word and Excel
• Willingness to travel as needed to ensure successful mobilisation of resource and infrastructure