Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of £200 million.
Faithful+Gould worldwide has access to 2,300 consultants, of whom 400 are located in the Middle East across six offices. We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.
Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
This role requires you to be motivated and results-driven. You will need to be flexible and adaptable in your approach to resolving complex issues. As the key to success in the role is relationship management, you will have communication and interpersonal skills of the highest calibre.
You should possess a degree or trade qualifications in relevant engineering discipline and have a minimum of ten years relevant work experience.
The role involves the execution duties to the highest possible standards. This will require but not be limited to the following key functions:
- Discharging Faithful+Gould’s HSE responsibilities under the Project Management Scope of Works;
- Leading, developing and updating HSE Plans for the project.
- Carrying out tasks/responsibilities to the highest standards ensuring compliance with all regulatory and internal requirements.
- Implementing and monitoring initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the Health, Safety and Environmental services and delivery.
- Be proactive in the design and implementation of initiatives for continuous improvement in HSE efficiencies.
- Have a proven track record in project management.
- Have experience of working to deadlines and budgets and working effectively in a pressurised environment.
- To be successful in this role, you will be experienced in the implementation of Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems in a multi-disciplined Engineering environment and have a strong technical knowledge in the area of Project Management.
- Providing advice, information and training for Project Management Teams across all aspects of the Health, Safety and Environmental management system to ensure the highest result.
- Conduct Internal Audits as required and recommend remedial action in line with clients requirements.
- Your success will be gauged on your high degree of flexibility, organisational and time management skills, together with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to effectively establish work relationships with your counter parts.
Skills and Attributes
- You should be equipped to:
- Manage and coordinate the inputs of project stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of the project
- Assess and resolve site planning and coordination issues
- Apply Health, Safety and Environmental management principles and processes
- Apply risk assessment and management principles and processes
- Network effectively, negotiate well and influence people, broker relationships with stakeholders within and outside the project
- Be aware of the broader perspective and how it affects the project
- 10+ years in safety
- ARAMCO experience
- Construction experience
- Jack of all trades – small team so will have to turn their hand at all aspects from putting together Safety plans, reviewing contractor’s safety plans, reviewing risk assessments, HSE spot checks on site, weekly walkabout, etc.
Rewards & Benefits:
22 calendar days annual leave (based on 5 day working week)
This is a single status posting.
Accommodation and meals provided in the Construction contractors temporary camp. Assume a 20 foot container with bed, wardrobe, desk and ensuite shower and WC.
48 hour, 5 day working week. Bahrain is 3 hours away if they wanted a weekend away. Standard holidays, no rotation of say 6 weeks on 1 week off.
On a weekend, the contractor may allow our staff to visit their family compound in one of the nearby cities (Dammam/Al Khobar).
Medical and life insurance cover
Company gratuity scheme
Discretionary bonus scheme
Annual flight allowance to point of origin
Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants