If you are an Electrical Engineer working toward National Grid TP141 authorisation (Plant Design), then we are all waiting for you to join our team. You’ll enjoy building relationships and collaborating with team members, be proactive and driven, and thrive on helping to deliver major power projects within a vibrant industry.
This opportunity is to strengthen our activities in transmission substation design, in particular to support National Grid’s FEED framework, on which we have recently been reappointed. In particular, we are looking for an experienced HV electrical engineer to strengthen our substation design team with the appetite to liaise directly with clients and drive forward this area of the business. You will ideally be located within our Epsom team, but other locations or flexible arrangements would be considered.
If this sounds like you, then we’d love you to apply for this role.
As part of our team you’ll be providing a range of services from feasibility design through to the preparation of technical specifications, production of construction drawings and design compliance audit throughout the design process on all elements of HV primary plant and substation configuration.
Building and developing relationships is a key part of this role, as is achieving National Grid TP141 authorisation (Plant Design) a qualification we would be looking for you to achieve within 18 months of appointment.
You will enjoy working in a team environment and using your expertise to guide other members of staff. You’ll also have the desire and ability to lead bids, deliver and technically manage work either as a lead or part of a team. You will also have strong verbal and written communication skills, and excellent quantitative and problem-solving skills.
In addition to having a positive attitude to health and safety (especially within the design process), you’ll also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/ or Masters in Electrical Engineering, but candidates holding HNC/ HND qualifications and proven experience will also be considered;
- Ideally Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with membership of IET;
- Proven technical experience in the design and application of HV power system plant up to and including 400kV, including an understanding of other engineering disciplines (civil, protection & control);
- A National Grid Authorisation Record demonstrating strong progress towards TP141 authorisation.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Atkins Energy business has been operating in the energy market for over four decades and the pace of change has never been greater than it is now. We are on the brink of a revolution in how the world generates and uses Energy. The possible scenarios of the future energy market will require the smart integration of renewable generation, energy storage, and sustainable demand with a transmission & distribution network that remains robust, flexible and economic to meet this changing landscape.
Our clients in the power networks market include the Transmission Owners, electricity generator developers (offshore wind, nuclear and onshore renewables), investors and regulatory bodies. We provide high quality consultancy and design services to transmission and distribution utilities in both the UK and overseas markets including traditional consultancy services, Design Assurance on behalf of clients and EPC delivery.Rewards and Benefits
- We believe in looking after our staff and we have a generous rewards scheme. Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
- Flexible working options will be considered for this vacancy.