Atkins is one of the world’s leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects. As a provider of multi disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
H&T division of Atkins in India supports Atkins’ various overseas operations, including those located in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Hong Kong. The team comprises Transport Planners, Bridge Engineers, Highways Engineers, CAD Technicians, Drainage Engineers and Virtual Reality specialists.
Due to our continuing expansion we currently have an opportunity for a number of Assistant Highways Engineer on multi-disciplinary offshore executed projects from India.
As a member of the Highways team you will be responsible for:
· Working under project based supervision of Engineers and Senior Engineers
· Maintaining technical quality standards
· Delivering projects to time and budget
· Supervise software team. e.g. CAD teams, VR teams, MX teams.
· Use own initiatives.
· Self-motivated development.
· Develop increased design ability and quality
· Draft technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality
· Able to present / represent their technical work.
· Successful in identifying and following through on leads associated with additional work prospects on the projects they are involved with.
· Supervises other less experienced engineers.
· Ability to check and inspect constructed works for compliance with design and specifications. Undertakes monitoring and proposes remedial actions.
· Apply Atkins Quality, Safety & Environmental (QSE) standards and Business Management System (BMS)
· A team player
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute.
· Sufficient and Relevant of experience in design of Highways.
· Good written and verbal English language interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work effectively with colleagues, seniors, team members and clients.
· Working knowledge of MX and/or Civil 3D.
· Ability to understand, explain, present and solve technical problems
· Master’s Degree in Highway Engineering or similar.
· Experience of working abroad
· Affiliation with professional bodies or professional accreditation.
· Working knowledge of pavement design
· Knowledge of AutoCAD or Microstation.
· Knowledge of AASHTO.
· Experience of working on construction sites.
Rewards & Benefits:
Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme (PF)
Medical Insurance for the employee, family & dependant parents*
Accident Insurance coverage for the employee