Atkins is one of the world’s leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.As a provider of multi disciplined technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practices.
H&T division of Atkins in India supports Atkins’ various overseas operations, including those located in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Hong Kong. The team comprises Transport Planners, Bridge Engineers, Highways Engineers, CAD Technicians, Drainage Engineers and Virtual Reality specialists.
Due to our continuing expansion we currently have an opportunity for a number of Highways Engineer on multi-disciplinary offshore executed projects from India.
- · As a member of the Highways team you will be responsible for:
- · Ability to supervise a small team undertaking checks and inspections of constructed works for compliance with design and specifications, including monitoring and proposing remedial actions
- · Look after budgets, resourcing and outsourcing of work within the office or within the team.
- · Able to author competent technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality.
- · Able to check work of all those in the project team.
- · Able to realistically estimate pricing/timing associated with projects within their area of expertise.
- · Clear knowledge of work procedures, and ability to brief project team on them.
- · Increase knowledge, and use, of Atkins’ capabilities outside business units.
- · Able to present / represent their technical work and that of their colleagues on the project (presentations / meetings).\
- · Ability to develop / improve niche technical capability in response to business opportunity.
- · Ability to market technical capability internally and possibly externally.
- · Apply Atkins Quality, Safety & Environmental (QSE) standards and Business Management System (BMS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute.
- · Sufficient and relevant experience in design of Highways.
- · Working experience to DMRB
- · Good written and verbal English language communication skills.
- · Ability to work effectively with colleagues, seniors, team members and clients.
- · Extensive working knowledge of MX and/or Civil 3D.
- · Experience in leading a team of engineers and CAD technicians.
- · Experience of technical leadership for major highway projects at feasibility and detailed design stages.
- · Ability to give others confidence in their technical and professional ability, and develop understanding in relation to their own discipline.
- · Ability to fully understand, explain, present and solve complex technical problems for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Master’s Degree in Highway Engineering or similar.
- · Experience of working abroad
- · Affiliation with professional bodies or professional accreditation.
- · Working knowledge of pavement design
- · Knowledge of AutoCAD or Microstation.
- · Knowledge of AASHTO.
- · Experience of working on construction sites.
- · Experience in working on international projects
Rewards & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Performance Incentives
- Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme (PF)
- Medical Insurance for the employee, family & dependant parents*
- Accident Insurance coverage for the employee