There is an increasing demand in the projects we are undertaking for Information Assurance and Security Consultants and we are looking to grow our team in order to deliver to our clients. The role will suit recently qualified professionals who are looking to take their career to the next level and provide real benefit to clients that make use of cutting-edge technology. In return, we offer a challenging and rewarding role, career development, an empowered and supportive working environment and a competitive reward package.
Based at Atkins' offices in Bristol, projects are also likely to involve working on client sites in the locality of our offices, but with some travel requiring overnight stays.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations .
Atkins is one of the world’s leading design, engineering and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical projects. Protecting the security of our home and of our citizens abroad is one of government’s highest priorities Our Aerospace Defence, Security & Technology Division supports government defence departments and the wider defence industry through the provision of engineering, technical and project management advice. Our role as a trusted advisor allows us to offer rewarding careers to people who want to enhance their skills and build on their experience in this dynamic sector.
There is a wide range of expertise within our team. From systems engineering to mechanical design and analysis, and from control and instrumentation, to complex infrastructure design and project management. The diversity of opportunities available is matched by the scope and complexity of the projects we’re tasked with. We are the largest consultant engineer to the defence market in the UK and our multidiscipline approach means there are also opportunities to work in the Middle East, within the sector or on other large scale infrastructure projects.
We can’t always shout about the work we’re involved in. Instead, we are quietly doing brilliant things for our clients. We are expected to draw on the latest technology and advanced engineering methods so investing in our people’s skills and professional development means we all stay ahead of the competition.
The successful candidate will be a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and conscientious individual who has the relevant Information Assurance and Security qualifications. You will work on a range of client facing projects, large and small, but will also be expected to contribute to winning new business and managing delivery. To be successful in this role you need to have the ability to work on multiple projects and with many stakeholders concurrently. Your key responsibilities will encompass the following:
- Provide security advice and guidance for clients in ‘business as usual’, technical refresh and new project environments
- Identify and establish good security governance to meet client business requirements
- Identify client security risks within their operational environment and determine appropriate remediation based on business risk appetite that protects information assets from loss, misuse, leakage or corruption
- Perform compliance activity on client systems and business processes to assess the levels of security control and identify gaps to address
- Create client security policies and procedures to meet corporate and regulatory requirement
- Build successful working relationships with team members, key customers and stakeholders that improves the value of the security services being performed
- Experience of delivering technical security consultancy within a Defence environment
- Evidence of providing technical security and information assurance risk management and solutions within complex scenarios
- An excellent communicator, verbal (ability to listen) and written (able to write concisely);
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks concurrently, successfully balancing business and client priorities
- Ability to provide high-quality work under pressure that delivers security outcomes to tight deadlines and manage client stakeholder expectations
- Ability to work both effectively individually and within a team in a multi-discipline environment and in a matrix organisation.
- Broad knowledge of HMG Information Assurance Policies, Standards and Guidelines, including the Security Policy Framework, the CESG IA Portfolio and JSP440 (plus other standard MoD IA methods
- CESG Certified Professional (Security and Information Risk Advisor or Security Architect)
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent
- Associate/Full Membership of recognised security professional body such as the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) or the BCS
- Ambition to work in a challenging and rewarding role that provides real benefit to clients
- An interest in maintaining and enhancing technical and consultancy skills
- Experience within programme and project environments
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.