The Infrastructure Operations Engineer is a hands-on role to manage and support server infrastructure operational monitoring within Atkins. Working within Infrastructure you will be part of a team responsible for the support and resolution infrastructure incidents.
This role would be suited to an individual who has experience with supporting a large server environment, someone who has proven experience troubleshooting issues within a large environment. We are looking for someone who can be dynamic and a real problem solver.
Due to the nature of the projects worked on in this role, we will ask the successful candidate to undertake an security clearance process to SC level.
- Completing server builds as per standard processes.
- Monitoring and helping optimise the server environment. Proactive patching, performance monitoring and maintenance.
- Responding to incidents from either users or our alerting systems.
- Active Directory administration.
- Implementation of the Infrastructure support processes
Requirements - Qualifications
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate extensive experience with:
- Supporting and monitoring a Windows 2008/2012 server platforms
- Proactive maintenance and responding to user incidents
- Server build processes, both Physical and Virtual
- File Server administration
- Root cause analysis for infrastructure issues.
- Experience with working with other teams
Technical Skill Set
- Windows 7 / 10
- Windows Server 2008R2 / 2012 R2
- Active Directory
- Server Technologies
- Helpdesk and reporting systems
- System Management Systems (SCCM, HP SIM, McAfee)
- ITIL Fundamentals
- Knowledge of cloud services integration
- Good understanding of infrastructure, products, standards and configuration
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships
- Demonstrate ownership of and accountability for relevant products and services
- Ability to plan, prioritise and complete your own work, whilst remaining a team player
- Ability to interact successfully with all levels of our Customers management
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.