As part of our Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) team, you’ll keep people connected, businesses running and advanced communication networks safe.
Join our Software and Systems and you’ll work with the finest minds on some of the most challenging engineering projects of our time. Our brilliant team push the boundaries to deliver amazing solutions which meet the constantly evolving needs of our clients across a range of markets.
If you’re a talented software engineer who pushes the boundaries, we can offer you the chance to gain valuable experience. If you want to enjoy a rewarding future in Software and Systems- join us.
Working within a TickITplus certified quality environment, you will get involved across the entire Software Development Lifecycle, developing, delivering and supporting a number of bespoke solutions for our clients across varied domains.
The right candidates will need to demonstrate a desire to be challenged and to contribute towards the success and growth of the business. In return we can offer a challenging and rewarding role, career development, an empowered and supportive working environment and competitive reward package.
The successful candidate will have:
· A degree (min 2:1) or equivalent (Computer Science or Mathematics preferred);
· perform and deliver allocated project tasks, to quality, time and budget requirements, as directed by Technical Lead;
· have excellent communication in the English language, both written and verbal, and with colleagues and clients;
· document agreed solutions according to project standards;
· support the deployment of the solution, including preparation and delivery of analysis, demonstrations, workshops, training and documentation.
Desirable attributes include:
· understanding of developing WinForms applications;
· understanding of developing OO applications;
· knowledge of SQL
· Experience of using 3rd party frameworks such as Spring and Nhibernate.
· Experience of developing WCF services.
· Experience of developing ASP.NET applications.
· Experience of developing MVC applications.
· The ability to work effectively individually and as part of a team;
· A strong work ethic and level of professionalism;
· Solid problem solving, analytical and creative thinking ability;
· Excellent communicator in the English language, both written and verbal, and with colleagues and clients;
· Ability and willingness to quickly understand and document technical.
- Some work outside normal office hours may be necessary. Travel to and from client sites and/or temporary secondment to client’s offices may also be required. Secondments to other Atkins offices in the UK or overseas may be available.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted