Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins Middle East is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Working in a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience with a world renowned consultant.
Due to our ongoing expansion a new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Landscape or Architectural Revit/BIM/Graphics Technician to be based in our office in Dubai.
Technical Competencies, Essential and Fluent
- Revit and BIM
- Auto Desk - Auto Cad
- Microsoft Office and Excel
- Landscape Architecture and/or Architecture Diploma and/or Degree
- Civil 3D
- Sketch Up
- Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and In-Design
Behavioural Competencies, Essential:
- Minimum 2-3 years previous work experience within a Landscape or Architectural Team
- Ability to work without excessive supervision
- Ability for self checking & correction of work
- Very good interpersonal skills, both in person and over the phone
- Must have good English written and oral communication skills
- Must work well in large teams with staff members of all backgrounds and skill levels
- Middle East work experience preferred
- Completion of tasks received from Landscape Architects / Engineers
- The production of general arrangement drawings using Revit / AutoCAD or similar as listed above and coordinate BIM requirements
- Ability to compile and coordinate Revit / AutoCAD Landscape Packages from Concept Design to Tender Drawings
- The production of Landscape Presentations using Adobe Suite or similar as listed above preferred
- Preparation of sketches & figures
- Adherence to Atkins Revit / CAD Manual and Atkins Quality Manual and Procedures
- Coordination with other design disciplines located in-house or remotely
- Plan and organise own work production of accurate high quality plans, tracing and drawings landscape designs, layouts and installations from sketches, plans or other information using computer aided drawing equipment
- Dealing appropriately with the electronic receipt of plans from other CAD users
- To attend user group meetings and other formal or informal training sessions
- Any other duties as agreed between the post-holder and management
Salary & Benefits
- We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.