We are currently looking for experts to join our team in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, to provide multi-disciplinary services and expertise to our clients on a wide range of onshore oil and gas capital projects. The work will involve project management, engineering, and procurement and construction supervision and we’re looking for people at all levels, in particular the role defined below.To support our on-going projects we now require a Lead Electrical Engineer to work in a team of Oil & Gas Engineers based in our KSA Office.
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of £200 million.
Faithful+Gould worldwide has access to 2,400 consultants, of whom 500+ are located in the Middle East across six offices. We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.
Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
Job Purpose & Scope:
- Provide leadership, supervision, and direction to the Electrical engineering staff and design work.
- Coordinate and supervise the Electrical engineering aspects of the client Onshore Capital Projects to ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget, and schedule.
- Supervise, oversee and coordinate regular and timely technical reviews of Electrical related engineering deliverables developed by engineering Consultants/Contractors, ensuring design optimization in compliance with relevant codes, standards, and best practices.
- Closely interface with Company departments, co-ordinate and interface with other Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations, and Contractors to resolve technical issues and ensure quality Engineering execution and design integrity.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of General Engineering Services Contractor’s and EPC Contractor’s Electrical engineering design activities, system integration, and design selection.
- Supervise and manage the review and approval of General Engineering Services Contractor's and EPC Contractor’s work, ensuring compliance with client Onshore Capital Projects specifications, relevant codes and standards, and best industry practices.
- Coordinate the required engineering participation and contribute input and expertise in the development and analysis of various design options and business models to validate and optimize Contractor’s engineering designs.
- Coordinate the technical guidance required to develop new specifications and update existing specifications in line with Company requirements.
- Supervise and coordinate Electrical discipline participation in layout reviews, design reviews, and technical workshops.
- Influence Facilities and Equipment design optimization.
- Provide technical assistance and coordination with other discipline specialists.
- Coordinate technical reviews and analysis during vendor prequalification, bid evaluation, and performance evaluation.
- Provide mentor’s role to develop KSA Nationals and junior engineers.
- Coordinate the review of technical bid submissions and perform technical bid analysis
Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts):
- Report directly to Design Coordinator, and provide support to Project Managers and Engineers within the client Onshore Capital Projects Management Team organization.
- Interface with Managers, Team Leaders and Engineers in Company's Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations Units, and Logistics Department.
- Interface regularly with Contractor’s engineering and Project Management Team and Team Leaders as and when required.
Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
- Responsible for influencing, coordinating, and managing all Electrical Engineering related activities.
- Sponsor of technical reviews and studies and also responsible for ensuring technical reviews and studies receive the appropriate Electrical related engineering input.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in oil and gas industry with comprehensive experience in Electrical Engineering, associated technologies and facilities.
- 5 years’ experience in the role either with NOC/IOC/PMC/PMS/PMT, International EPC or Design Contractor organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent technical team and interpersonal skills.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of relevant international codes and standards.
- Knowledge of specialist Electrical engineering software e.g. ETAP, CYME, SMARTPLANT etc. and general business software.
- Ability to make independent decisions in the planning, organizing and coordination of solutions to complex problems.
- Competent with the ability to lead a team of discipline engineers and provide engineering support.
- Experience with Contractors and worldwide suppliers, in particular those involved in the design, procurement and construction of major oil and gas facilities.
Rewards and Benefits:
- A competitive all inclusive salary;
- Accommodation provided;
- Transportation sharing or allowance provided;
- 26 calendar days annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme;
- Mobilization/demobilization from the country of origin;
- Annual flight(s) provided