We are looking for a lead Estimator to join our Faithful+Gould team based in Charlotte, NC to support our energy business. This key role requires at least 10 years of estimating experience in nuclear and utilities. The lead Estimator creates cost estimates for specific disciplines relating to large capital construction projects and provides business support to the estimating team and the client. In addition, you will work with the team to collaborate, complete pricing and benchmarking research and maintain project documents and files.
Faithful+Gould is a leading project management consultancy protecting and maximizing our clients’ interests in the planning and delivery of capital projects. Operating at the forefront of our industry for more than 60 years, we provide a blend of services to the public and private sectors.
We are dedicated to providing innovative solutions by combining professional knowledge and skills with our diverse employees to deliver ‘constructive expertise’ to every project. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships, while striving to optimize our clients’ project planning, delivery and operations, regardless of the size, environment or industry. Time and again, we are complimented on our depth of resources and expertise across multiple geographic markets coupled with the ability to provide the personal service of a local firm. Our expert and unique approach is focused on enhancing the value of each project with our services to clients in a wide variety of markets .
- Analyzes blueprints and other documents and prepares detailed cost estimates. Performs accurate quantity takeoffs of available design documents.
- Provides leadership to the estimating team by demonstrating technical excellence in estimating and client satisfaction.
- Obtains accurate and up to date pricing information from databases, contractors, suppliers, etc. to utilize in estimates.
- Inputs estimate takeoff information for specific discipline into CATO and develops unit cost pricing.
- Works with architects and engineers to develop clear understanding of project scope during preparation of estimate. Develops relationships with members of A/E firms and project team members.
- Assists senior staff in ways to make projects more efficient. Seeks ways to improve accuracy and efficiency of tasks.
- Maintains project documents such as drawings and specifications in an organized and reasonable manner. Maintains project files on file server in accordance with company standards.
- Maintains and updates data library of costs.
- Prepares cost reconciliation between two or more estimates and explains variance cost drivers.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in Construction or a related field, plus 10 years relevant experience.
Experience in Civil-Structural-Architecture or Mechanical-Electrical-Process.
Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; Registered Pension Plan; professional the tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do.
Faithful+Gould an ATKINS company is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability