As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
- Responsible for one or more functional areas in India HR and a key member of the India HR team working collaboratively and effectively with all HR teams (eg., regional functional HR teams, HR shared services etc) to ensure delivery of HR services.
Additional responsibility – HR partnering
- In addition, support HR business partner in HR advisory services and responsible for advising business stakeholders in all HR matters. The role holder would be working closely with the line management community to ensure high engagement with staff and working as a trusted advisor to the line management community and heads of practice.
- Strategize and execute HR plans in alignment with business need.
- Manage manpower strategy as budgeted
- Manage employee grievance system and disciplinary proceedings
- Build and institutionalize a performance oriented culture
- Devise and execute Reward and Recognition framework
- Translate organization strategy and goals into an HR strategy
- Keep abreast of industry practices and share best practices
Talent engagement, performance, recognition reward and retention
- Build high performance team level
- Support the implementation of GDC Specific HR policies. Overall operationalization for all HR related operations matter, including compensation & benefits, talent development and management, performance management, employee relations, HR communications and MI reporting requirements.
- Analyse, monitor and advise HR Business Partners on compensation trends and recommend improvements to the compensation policy and practices.
- Work with Compensation and Benefits Team to compute year-end bonus and pay increments that reflect staff performance, market competitiveness and internal control.
Talent identification, development and deployment
- Ensure completeness of employee review process to facilitate the calibration process and work on establishing a pool of key talent across GDC.
- Work with the HR Business Partners to facilitate the roll out and implementation of career paths and development strategies.
- Recommend innovative recognition schemes along with HR Business Partners to ensure improvement of staff retention and to recognize performance.
- Ensure proper group audit requirement as per requirements specified from time to time for the HR function
- Provide staff with guidance on disciplinary and grievance procedures and drive people related initiatives
- Ensure effective handling of relocations, movement’s transfers and promotions through communication database updates and compensation. This includes managing the Expatriate management team and to ensure that proper guidelines and procedure are adhered to
- Ensure that the company is in compliance with relevant group audit requirements and local statutory/labor law requirements
- Provide guidance to the team as may be appropriate if any, by handling escalations as appropriate, high level of engagement with the team and effective change management
- Assists with the monitoring of an annual budget.
- Manages the development and maintenance of the Human Resources systems.
- Prepares and analyses reports that are necessary regularly and share within the timelines
- Performance management and improvement systems
- Policy development and documentation;
- Compensation and benefits administration;
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health; and
- Employee services and counselling
Key Skills, Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Human Resources
- 5 years previous working experience in HR Service Environment
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Possess knowledge on MS Office with good numerical, analytical and statistical Skills
- Ability to learn quickly and transfer knowledge appropriately, understand and interpret numeric data