To implement all aspects of the quality management systems and control site supervision activities provision related to all Works across the project, to deliver quality installations in accordance with the contract documents, relevant international standards and local authorities’ requirements, provide technical support; perform specialised quality assurance / control inspections, submittal reviews and training of the discipline staff.
- Evaluation of the Contractors Quality manual in conjunction with the RE.
- Evaluation of the MEP contractors and subcontractors Quality manual in conjunction with the Discipline engineers.
- Review the contractors Inspection Test Plan and all QA/QC documentations.
- Evaluate the QA/QC system implementation by the contractor on site and ensure the compliance with their Quality manual.
- Ensure the contractor has a current Internal Audit plan/schedule.
- Conduct Audit on contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensure the contractor have adequate QC personnel on site during all production shift operations to perform the inspection and tests.
- Ensure the contractor provides QA/QC procedures, method statements and current document at the locations where they are to be used (Note: this will include code/standards referenced in the specifications, method statements and inspection test plan).
- Ensure the contractor performing inspections, sampling and testing of materials in accordance with the specified standards and as approved in the Inspection test plan.
- Inspect the on-site and off-site materials to be used in the project, organize/witness field and laboratory Tests, conducted by third parties on construction materials to ascertain their compliance with the specification.
- Ensure the contractor uses an approved material testing laboratory accredited by Dubai.
- Municipality construction quality control and research for testing.
- Review and comment on subcontractor’s pre qualifications.
- Review and comment on submittals, including test results, method statements, materials and alternate proposals submitted by contractors.
- Liaise with the contractor’s QA/QC Manager/Engineer for day to day quality issues.
- Assist RE in all respect of Quality related issues.
- Random inspection of on-site materials, off-site materials to be used in the project.
- Review and comment on submittals, including Test results, method statements, materials and alternate proposals submitted by contractors.
- Co-ordinate with site team and participate in Mock-up Inspections.
- Recheck for all approval/drawing status prior to final approvals by the RE.
- Advise the contractor for required changes in ITP for continual improvement.
- Raise NCNs, SINs and identify quality deficiencies.
- Perform Internal Audits and Site Surveillance Audits.
- Monitor performance of the Contractor / Sub-contractor and identify, raise any quality / workmanship concerns with the RE.
- Review quality procedures and effectively implement QA/QC plans across the project.
- Identify any particular site safety issues and bring to the notice of the contractor / SHSEE / RE.
- Mentor the discipline staff on any advancement of process, procedures and technical skills.
- Conduct training for the discipline staff.
Line Management / Administrative Duties:
- Update and maintain the latest revision of all project documents.
- Review, coordinate and forward submittals, inspection requests, technical query to the project team and/or discipline engineers.
- Assist the project site team during internal, external and site surveillance audits.
- Coordinate leave request and discuss leave cover with the SQM.
- Prepare and regularly (weekly) submit reports and maintain records.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes. Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.
Experience and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
In-depth exposure in IP Network Delivery (IPND) project.
Minimum 10 year experience, ideally within the GCC
Excellent written and spoken English
Good interpersonal skills.
Ability to write clear and precise technical reports
Rewards & Benefits
A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate
Medical and life insurance cover
Company gratuity scheme
Discretionary bonus scheme
Apply and the Process:
We are in the process of shortlisting the candidates and will advise you on your status by the end of March 2017.
Below is the link to apply for the job: