Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas
Atkins has recently defined a “One Atkins 2020” Organisational strategy. To support this strategy, GIS has defined an operating model for 2020 to revolutionise the way GIS is provided to the organisation, moving from a BAU focus to a Business Value driven organisation.
Key concepts include: moving to digital products, adopting agile across the organisation, leveraging cloud technologies and focus on supporting bid and delivery.
The People and Business Operations agenda includes a unique opportunity to introduce innovative digital products. In order for Atkins to stay ahead of its competitors we need a suite of digital products and services that will meet the ONE Atkins 2020 vision. Working collaboratively with the People and Business Operations community you will be bring the creativity, technical knowledge and commercial acumen to create and manage new products and improve products which are key to our overall strategy.
- Manage Backlog and Roadmap items required to support and drive Learning and Development systems and processes.
- Work collaboratively with Learning and Development and Talent process leads to drive change.
- Be a trusted advisor on future system releases and trends in business strategies and developments.
- Configure Systems in collaboration with the wider IS teams and Product Specialists
- Work with Global Services to equip them for 1st and some 2nd level support, and to ensure seamless handover of higher levels of support
- Keep customers informed on status and progress of incidents and requests
- Act as a central point of contact for Atkins users reporting incidents
- Record all incidents within the Incident Management system
- Access and categorise incidents according to urgency and impact model in collaboration with team members and specialists
- Proactively recommend Product improvements
- Ensure fixes are fed back to Global Services and incorporated into their knowledgebase
- Achieve team and individual targets (SLAs and KPIs)
- Lead small Systems and Project teams
- Excellent functional knowledge of the CornerStone OnDemand, including Learning, Performance, Talent and Succession and Systems Administration modules
- Demonstrable knowledge of Standard and Custom reporting within CornerStone
- Experience of utilising APIs and Dataload wizard
- Excellent customer service skills (Strong business focus and senior stakeholder engagement skills)
- Strong analytical skills with a precise problem solving approach to work
- Experience of working in a high pressure environment
- Excellent communication skills (both face to face and telephone based)
- Solid written and verbal communications skills (including report writing)
- Ability to build relationships and communicate at all levels
- Exceptional customer focus
- Proven ability to deliver continual service improvement
- Ability to share technical knowledge and support colleagues
- Organised with meticulous attention to detail
- Autonomous with an ability to make decisions
- Experience of working to and exceeding targets (SLAs and KPIs)
- Procurement and Commercial Management experience
- Develop Business Cases and Impact Assessments
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Knowledge of other People Systems and Processes including Oracle e-business suite and Taleo
- Experience of working within a multi-cultural environment
- Prince 2 Certification
- CornerStone OnDemand Certification
• We use our curiosity, innovation and creativity to solve problems in cool ways
• We’re confident in our knowledge and technical expertise
• We seek out opportunities, and really listen to our customers’ problems
• We work together in a dynamic and agile way to make change happen quickly
We’re experimenters …
• We’re not afraid to try different ways of doing things
• We’re champions for new ideas and tools
• Building close, trusted partnerships really matters to us
• We solve problems together with the business, working openly and honestly
• We share our knowledge and work in a collaborative ways, joining together for the best results
Additional Information and Benefits
to other company sites may be necessary.
working options may be considered for this vacancy.
- Please refer to our website for full details
of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to
15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days
paid annual leave.
- Atkins develops our employees through a
portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make
the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all
forms of training and have a programme of in-house and well as external
training for all of our engineers.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25
Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers
for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we
believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical
skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to
staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework
agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and
design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually
every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the
opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of
our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the
perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.