The Stavros Niarchos Foundational Cultural Centre, the Osprey Quay at Portland Harbour, the United Airlines' new international departures lounge...these are just some of the amazing projects our Epsom Office at Faithful+Gould has provided a range of Cost Management services for. As an international company with a strong culture of progression, we're dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise.
Due to business growth we are looking for an exceptional Managing Quantity Surveyor or Associate to join the Epsom office, which has a varied portfolio of clients and projects, both nationally and internationally, with a strong reputation for delivering high quality cost management services.
Some of the projects you will be working on are high profile and in excess of 100m capital value - this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Cost Manager, with experience in the commercial, aviation and educational sectors to join a world-leading player in its field; in return we will provide the necessary support to develop your career to the next level at this world class consultancy.
Our Epsom office is set in a beautiful location, with fantastic travel links (whether you're travelling by car or public transport) and only 25 minutes train ride from London. The office's current client base covers a variety of different sectors, including education, aviation, property and infrastructure.
We will also be happy to accommodate flexible working for the right candidate - should you wish for example to split your location between Epsom and London.
As part of a FTSE 250 company (WS Atkins plc) with over 18,000 staff worldwide, and having been names the Construction Consultancy of the Year at the 2015 Building Awards, there is huge scope to drive forward your career.
- Developing and maintaining our reputation through developing business opportunities
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to our clients, acting as primary interface to help build client confidence
- Act as the lead for commercial services and reviewing and reporting on all aspects of project within our portfolio
- You will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administration of project accounts and the management of internal job costings in relation to the fee and services and resource requirements
- Able to work independently within a multidisciplinary team across various locations
- You will be responsible for writing, editing and preparing client reports as well as reviewing commercial situation and advising the client accordingly.
- Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (or equivalent)
- Extensive experience in preparing estimates for aviation and/or infrastructure works, from RIBA Stages 2-3
- Experience in preparing tender and contract documentation, for works under the JCT and NEC3 suite of contracts
- Experience of successfully interfacing with clients at senior level
- Good communication skills with ability to prepare and edit written reports
- Good presentation skills with ability to advise senior representatives of client organisations on key issues
- A practical understanding of construction risk and commercial management
- A sound technical quantity surveying knowledge demonstrating established experience and ability
- Experience of managing project commercial teams and supporting other colleagues
- Able to demonstrate effective and efficient post-contract administration of projects
- Knowledge and understanding of the key commercial issues relating to works delivered in an aviation and/or infrastructure environment
Rewards and benefits
Faithful+Gould offer a comprehensive reward package including:
- 25 days annual leave per annum plus 8 days paid bank holidays per annum (pro-rata for part time staff or for part years worked)
- Employees in service at 1st April each year can buy up to 15 days or sell up to 5 days holiday
- Attractive pension scheme
- Employee Well Being Programme (EWP)
- Share incentive plan
- Life assurance scheme
- Professional membership fees paid
- Income Protection
- Personal accident cover
- Give as you earn scheme
- Health Club Membership & Leisure Discounts
- Discounted BUPA healthcare scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- IT related discounts
- Mobile phone discounts