The Marketing and Communications Officer supports the development and implementation of both the marketing and PR strategies, playing a key part in communicating the organisation’s key messages.
Responsible for supporting the marketing and PR teams with all marketing and communications activities including the development of campaign plans, pre-positioning and value propositions, the identification of events and sponsorship opportunities, the implementation of the social media and digital marketing strategy and the production of marketing communications materials.
- Supporting the Marketing and PR teams.
- Assisting with the production of marketing material and literature.
- Providing support for marketing events and exhibitions as required including logistics management - coordinate all logistical activities relating to both internal and external events.
- Uploading marketing material to online libraries, internet groups and social media sites.
- Updating and maintaining the marketing department's documentation and databases.
- Maintaining library system for press cuttings
- Research and write award submissions
- Supporting delivery of the social media strategy for Transportation, ensuring it aligns with the company’s brand.
- Drafting, editing and distributing supporting materials for press engagement
- Assisting in the research of thought leadership pieces
- Sourcing and creating marketing collateral for on- and offline platforms.
- Assisting with the production and implementation of integrated marketing and PR projects.
- Administrative duties for the team.
- Merchandising - working with suppliers to develop new and innovative options within the negotiated rate for the corporate merchandise range as well as keeping stock at the correct levels.
- Database – maintaining an up to date database of suppliers, clients and potential clients that is used to produce key stakeholder lists for a variety of business needs.
- Market Intelligence Bulletin - conducting market research on the Transportation industry, compiling email bulletin and distributing to the business on a weekly basis
- Website management – updating company information on the Atkins’ external website, investigating and proposing ideas for new content to support marketing and PR objectives and key campaigns.
- Gathering data to measure impact of the marketing and PR team’s activities and transmitting reports to our internal stakeholders. This will include feedback surveys (Survey Monkey) and other metrics TBC.
- A creative problem solver with a ‘hands-on’ approach to providing and implementing marketing and communications solutions
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to persuasively build and articulate compelling arguments
- A strong interest in the use of data to help inform strategy and decision making
- Marketing, Communications or other business-related degree or equivalent qualification
- Professional Certificate in Marketing with the Chartered Institute of Marketing, or equivalent recognised institutional body (or working towards)
- Demonstrable marketing and communications experience, preferably with experience in a B2B marketing environment
- Ability to develop and retain strong internal and external client relationships
- Proven ability to influence and manage diverse stakeholders to achieve outcomes
- Previous experience in digital marketing including website content management
Previous experience of a marketing or communication role within these markets is desirable.