Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.
As part of our regional growth plans, we are currently looking for an experienced Materials Engineer
The Materials Engineer will be a qualified professional who must have a minimum qualification BSc, BEng, BA or equivalent, have more than ten years experience with seven being similar to this project/role, regional experience is preferred
The Materials Engineer will also be responsible for maintaining and enhancing Atkins reputation with our clients and developing effective long term client relationships thus identifying and developing new opportunities for the Group,.
The Materials Engineer will: -
- Report to the Senior Material Engineer and the Resident Engineer.
- Be responsible for the quality assurance procedures and the materials inspection and testing procedures.
- Ensure that there are no delays in the approvals and commissioning of the asphalt and concrete plants and that the contractor applies in sufficient time for the renewal permits.
- Review and approve the contractor's quality plans.
- Review and approve the contractor's materials submissions.
- Identify non conforming work and/or materials, maintain records and follow up that corrective action is taken by the contractor and close out each issue.
- Start to prepare the necessary document for the final handover of the project early so that this can be updated as the project progresses
- Review all materials test results.
- Prepare reports.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes: