Function and Scope
MEP building services project leadership role, reporting to the MEP Building Services Lead – Multi D Design Studio and directly responsible for the performance and delivery of MEP building services projects within the GDC.
Responsible for the development and implementation of the highest levels of delivery of MEP building services design in line with Atkins Design Principles to ensure the quality and timeliness of project delivery.
Act as the project focal point for the MEP building services discipline to ensure that communication and design processes are continually improved
Line of Reporting
Reports to the MEP Building Services Lead – Multi D Design Studio, maintaining a close working relationship with the Head of Discipline in the MEPG.
- Ensure for all projects, at the commencement of each stage, that full briefing documentation has been received and reviewed for completeness and handovers have been conducted before GDC teams commence with MEPG projects
- Ensure proactive project planning, stakeholder and risk management takes place across relevant projects
- Provide project leadership and support to engineering teams undertaking all packages of MEP Building Services analysis and design to required quality and industry best practice including the preparation of design documents including drawings, calculation packages, reports, presentations and specifications for MEPG projects undertaken by the GDC
- Lead technical interfaces and coordination of design within the discipline and multidisciplinary technical interfaces across disciplines at a project level with the MEPG teams
- Ensure that technical quality is consistently achieved through regular monitoring and review of work by others or under their supervision including reviewing design work carried out by members of the team in line with project specific requirements and Atkins BMS
- Evaluate, review, assess and provide recommendations for improvements to all aspects of the technical design processes required for offshore working
- Offer support, guidance and mentoring to all members of the team to develop their competencies
- Participate in the development of digital technology and innovation within the MEP building services team
- Manage interfaces with the BIM technicians to produce relevant documentation to the meet brief requirements and best practice
- Develop and maintain relationships built in trust within the discipline, across the GDC teams and with MEPG teams and senior MEP leadership in both locations
- Attending design team meetings, briefing sessions and project reviews
- Travel as necessary to MEPG office in Dubai for project start-ups briefing and close outs as required.
- Have a recognised degree in engineering
- Minimum of 12 years relevant professional experience with past Middle East experience preferred
- Working towards Chartered Engineer (C Eng. or equivalent)
- Developed technical knowledge of MEP building services engineering of property projects, with particular reference to retail, commercial, residential and hospitality projects.
- Working knowledge of relevant MEP building services software including design, analysis and documentation software
- Proven experience in the development of MEP building services concepts and schemes for various building typologies and forms
- Proven track record of successful contribution to the technical delivery of contract compliant MEP building services designs to budget and programme targets
- Technical knowledge and experience of European/US-based design codes/standards and Statutory Regulations
- Experience in collaborative working and coordination within the team, internal Atkins disciplines and external consultants and clients
- Confidence to work within multi-disciplinary design environments
- Excellent planning, time management and communication skills
- Considers/ reflects on short, medium and long term objectives
- Develops and nurtures relationships across the businesses
- Has the client at the forefront of thinking
- Responds well when there is a clear need to support the success of other parts of the business
- Offers ideas and suggestions for improving working practices
- Always delivers what is required, but also puts in that little bit extra when needed
- Finds ways of building a good rapport with customers and to better understand their needs
- Quick to ask for help on technical or practical matters