Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of £200 million.
Faithful+Gould worldwide has access to 2,300 consultants, of whom 400 are located in the Middle East across six offices. We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.
Position: MEP Project Manager
Role As a MEP Project Manager, you are required to provide the interface between project ownership and delivery. You are required to act as the single focal point of contact between the Client, consultants and the Construction Contractor(s), ensuring the desired project objectives are delivered. You must have adequate knowledge and information about the business and the project in order to make informed value-add decisions for both the Client and Faithful+Gould (the Company).
As a member of the team, you will foster team work both within the Project and Faithful+Gould generally, provide technical inputs to project teams and ensure that the client’s objectives are delivered.
The responsibilities associated with this position include, but are not necessarily limited to the follow:
- Implement an appropriate and effective project or programme management framework, incorporating necessary review processes as required.
- Define and implement criteria for control and management of the project.
- Co-ordinate and direct end-user input throughout the project lifecycle.
- Appraise options and submit to the Client for approval.
- Secure resources and expertise from the Client as required, e.g. appoint professional advisers to support the project sponsor role.
- Coordinate the value management strategy.
- Manage project budget, including risk allowance.
- Monitor and control changes/variations following approval by Client.
- Determine and manage risks that may affect the project in any way, particularly schedule, budget or quality/specifications.
- Facilitate effective communication and action as sole point of contact between the Client and site delivery team.
- Assist the design team and site delivery team to identify and resolve problems.
Competence This position requires professional ability and inherent motivation. You have the skills required to direct meetings, introduce discussion to encourage thinking on the wider commercial context and be responsible for the tasks assigned to members of your project team. You are willing and able to perform duties diligently to the quality standards set by the Company and conform to the Company’s policies and business systems and be committed to their implementation and continuous improvement at all times.
- Co-ordinate and foster teamwork between all project stakeholders.
- Manage the design and site delivery team’s performance of delegated responsibilities.
- Establish an effective and universal strategy to address major issues that may arise with the site delivery team.
- Ensure the site delivery team receives the necessary stakeholder decisions in a timely fashion.
- Establish a mechanism to ensure collaborative problem solving with the site delivery team, which will involve regular dialogue with contractors, team working and risk-sharing.
- Practice sound people management principles to ensure that the team of Faithful+Gould staff, contractors and JV partners works well and provides a supportive environment for the achievement of project and individual objectives
- Manage the welfare and motivation of Faithful+Gould’s direct reports, such as Assistant Project Managers and Administration Assistants and provide leadership, guidance and encouragement
- Plan for and undertake annual performance reviews in line with Faithful+Gould’s processes
- Negotiate and convert contracts as required by the project.
- Oversee the award of contracts and ensure the client is adequately protected.
- Chair meetings and ensure minutes are actioned in a timely manner.
- Provide timely regular and accurate reporting on the project progress, costs and quality as determined by the Business/Line Manager.
- Accurately check and sign-off on all payment certificates and invoices.
- Ensure accurate finalisation of client accounts, provide substantiated recommendations for variations and ensure contractors and consultants are paid in accordance with contract schedules.
- Look for opportunities to improve the client’s position in regard to return and value.
- Identify and resolve disputes quickly and reasonably.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with client representatives, consultants, contractors and adjoining property owners.
- Manage and coordinate the project handover phase with contractors, client contractors, tenants and building managers.
- Receive and review detailed reports on the project from the site delivery team.
- Establish formal reporting arrangements on project progress for the Client and Company.
- Maintain up-to-date project skite sheets and resumes for the project team for use by the Company.
Business Development In addition to your project role, as a representative of the Company, you will use your best endeavours to communicate potential business development opportunities to the Company and to actively promote the interests of the Company within the industry.
Authorities You will operate within the constraints of the particular contract for which you have been appointed.
The position requires the following Qualifications and Experience:
Skills and Attributes you are expected to:
- Electrical Engineering degree qualification with minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Contract administration experience
- Knowledge in electrical power distribution
Qualifications/skills You should possess an Electrical/Mechanical Engineering degree or trade qualifications in an Electrical Construction environment and have a minimum of five years’ relevant work experience.
- Apply quality management principles and processes.
- Apply risk assessment and management principles and processes.
- Apply programming and reporting principles and processes.
- Adapt and problem solve on an individual and team basis in a pressured environment
- Work with limited supervision.
- Possess sound literacy in computer software, including the Microsoft Office range. Excellent knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Deal professionally and confidently with a diverse range of people at all levels.
- Flexibility and ability to work with different areas of the business.
- Have good written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to draft reports, minutes, correspondence, procedures, processes and forms.
- Utilise, execute in a timely manner and improve on where able, the BMS process tools and templates to ensure our ISO obligations are at all times adhered to.
- Network effectively, negotiate well and influence people, broker relationships with stakeholders within and outside the project.
- Be aware of the broader environmental, social and economic perspectives and how they may affect the project.
- Support and provide leadership to your project team.