Atkins have recently developed a “One Atkins 2020” strategy for the future. To support this initiative Atkins Group IS have defined an operating model for 2020 to revolutionise the way IS services are provided to the company, moving from a ‘Business as Usual’ focus to an organisation driven by Business Value. Key concepts include: transitioning to digital products, adopting agile delivery approaches across the organisation, leveraging cloud services, and applying focus to supporting Atkins project bids and delivery.
Under the direction of the Unified Communications Services Lead this role leads the network operations team. Is responsible for implementing and managing all aspects of network monitoring, incident response and incident management. Will be responsible for determining and managing the team KPI, incident response SLA’s, alert hygiene, SOP development as well as after incident postmortems.
Ensures that IT global initiatives and standards are achieved within scope of responsibility
- Manage a highly skilled engineering team to support networking in operations, change management, and maintain ongoing improvements of all networking technologies.
- Track and monitor status and capacity of network services.
- Lead and manage the team, including hiring, mentoring, and professional development, and work with senior management during the budgeting process.
- Manage the team in supporting foundational components and providing high SLA through proactive planning and operational excellence.
- Maintain and improve the 24/7 Operations Center program
- Review and improve establish operating policies and approaches for Operations Center
- Creates long-term and short term strategies plan for the Operations Center to address issues and develop a program of continuing improvement for the organization.
- Analyzes teams’ workload and activity to drive efficiency and focus towards network SLA’s
- Develop a detailed and complete incident management program
- Develop a robust Problem management program
- Maintain communication with functional managers to ensure issues are resolved.
- Develop a monitoring cleanliness program to ensure tickets and processes to ensure tasks are being completed timely.
- Communicate policy and procedural changes.
- Generate reports for management in regards to service availability, uptime, and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and SLAs etc.
- Degree educated (or equivalent) in Information Technology or related subject or significant relevant experience, including:
- Extensive experience working in an Information Technology environment
- High proficiency in Cisco networking products
- High proficiency in HP networking products
- High proficiency in Aerohive wireless networking products
- High proficiency in F5 load balancing products
- Experience in F5 GTM advantageous
- Experience in F5 AAM advantageous
- Proficiency in network monitoring platforms (Solarwinds, Cisco Prime)