This is an exciting opportunity to be part of managing and improving one of the busiest motorways in Europe, the M25, its key arterial link roads serving central London and surrounding area, and the A282 (Dartford Crossing).
Balfour Beatty are part of a consortium including Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK – creating Connect Plus Services, a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways asset care from finance, through to design, build, maintenance as well as day to day operation.
As part of our 30-year remit to manage and improve the capital’s orbital motorway network, we deliver major improvement projects, such widening 38 miles of the M25, refurbishing tunnels and bridges, and installing hundreds of variable messaging signs and gantries, helping to maximise the use of the network and deliver more reliable journeys. We also manage the Dartford River crossing, and operate and maintain 440 kilometres of motorway providing our customer and road user with a world-class highway service.
· Ensure the safe and efficient management and delivery of maintenance & operations activities including emergency response and winter operations through the supervisors and team leaders. Participate in the rotas as required for both silver command and winter maintenance.
· Ensure compliance to systems, processes and procedures in accordance with the business management system
· Ensure risks are identified, managed and mitigated
· Ensure that arrangements are in place for Shift Managers to be able to check the training that has been given to the workforce and monitor implementation
· Reporting of management information associated with the operations and maintenance activities
· Supporting the Service Delivery Manager in his/her responsibilities and colleagues in their areas of the business
· Ensure regular internal and external communication including the cascading of information, promoting a culture of openness in the team
· Procurement from within the approved supply chain and management of their activities and performance
· Carry out regular inspections of site / depot activities and ensure the delivery of the inspection regime, reporting both good practices and short falls
· Ensure that sufficient and competent resources are available and managed efficiently for maintenance and operations activities within the assigned areas of responsibility
· Visible leadership to motivate the team to achieve targets and optimise their performance and contribution
· Accountable for the delivery of the operations and maintenance activities within the assigned areas of responsibility the annual allocated financial budget and commercial targets
· Ensure the delivery of Sustainability targets
· Develop talent and ensure succession plans are in place
· Efficient management of depot facilities
· Ensure the safe and efficient management of vehicles, plant and equipment
· Ensure that controls in place are managed to enable the safe deployment of our workforce including direct employees and supplied workers
· Accountable for the delivery of the annual maintenance programme. Participate in the development of the plan to ensure it is accurate and achievable.
· Responsible for the management of direct reports and their teams
· Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in the way the service is delivered
· Ensure that direct reports understand their accountabilities and targets and regularly monitor progress and manage performance
· Deliver briefings as required and monitor standard of those being delivered by direct reports
· Live the Connect Plus Services Values
· Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
· Support the delivery of businesses Sustainability activities