Atkins is one of the world’s leading engineering design consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects.
As a provider of multi-disciplinary technical services to the built environment, we are committed to planning, enabling and designing excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combines innovation, imagination and best practice.
The Transportation division of Atkins in India supports Atkins overseas operations, including those located in the India, UK, Europe, Middle East and Hong Kong. The team comprises Transport Planners, Bridge Engineers, Highways Engineers, CAD Technicians, Drainage Engineers and Virtual Reality specialists.
Due to our continuing expansion we currently have an opportunity for a Pedestrian Modeller on offshore executed projects from our India office.
Working in a multi-disciplinary team of Planners, Designers and Engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience with a world renowned consultant.
The team has so far delivered excellence in a number of studies from around the world, including the UK, ME and China. This has been based upon the successful use of technically innovative and progressive procedures in tandem with a core technical capability.
As a Pedestrian Modeller within the established Transport Planning team in Bangalore, you’ll liaise with colleagues in the UK on a wide variety of projects, including station project work (ranging from small station redesign modelling to major station construction phasing analysis), new-build metro systems, airport terminal design, urban realm and leisure developments.
Our current pedestrian modelling projects include metro projects in Asia Pacific, Middle East, UK and European national rail stations, Crossrail 2, Universities and retail parks.
Airport terminal design modelling is a key market sector, with numerous projects completed at London Heathrow, Gatwick and internationally.
Your key responsibilities in this role will include:
• Project management of pedmod projects, from inception to final reporting
• Programme, financial and project team management
• Client liaison and relationship building - both internal and external clients
• Business development by sector assigned - be it rail, aviation, stadia, urban realm or others.
• Technical management and auditing of projects tasked
· Appropriate academic and professional qualifications (preferably Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with Master’s degree in transport planning / engineering)
· Solid, proven experience in pedestrian modelling studies with a focus on transport and between 3 and 8 years’ experience in one or more of:
· Excellent written and spoken English language skills
· Proven track record of project management and delivery
· Ability to work independently, be proactive and take ownership of tasks set
· Proven ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities of projects
· Staff mentoring and management skills
· Some previous experience in one or more of the following software for building models or scheme assessment: VISSIM, PARAMICS, LINSIG, TRANSYT & JUNCTION 9 software packages
· Enthusiasm to further develop transport modelling skills with particular focus on micro-simulation using VISSIM and/or PARAMICS.
· Work experience in a similar off-shoring environment
· Experience in the use of MS Office and in the application of GIS Techniques to Transport Planning
Additional Information (if any)
The successful candidate will need to:
· Be highly self-motivated and ambitious
· Be able to work with limited supervision
· Be able to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with customers
· Be able to build excellent working relationships with colleagues and clients
· Have experience of using written and spoken English within a business environment
Rewards & Benefits:
· Competitive salary
· Performance Incentives
· Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme (PF)
· Medical Insurance for the employee, family & dependant parents*
· Accident Insurance coverage for the employee