If you are a pensions professional with strong in-house experience, and love the idea of influencing our strategy, then we are all waiting for you to join our team. You’ll be determined, organised, and enjoy working on a variety of tasks ranging in complexity. You may have had a mix of in-house and third party administration/advisory experience and are looking for your next challenge.
If this sounds like you, then we’d love you to apply for this role.
As part of our team you will have responsibility for managing secretariat and operational service from third party suppliers, especially the external pension and life assurance administrator, to achieve compliance. You will also work to improve our service offerings to align with business requirements of Atkins UK & Europe organisation.
As a member of our reward team, you would oversee a variety of different pension and life assurance schemes. You will provide leadership in driving Trustee strategy, policy and business planning, and navigate the Trustee body through the complex issues created by the Plan’s specific circumstances.
In addition to the above, you will also have the below responsibilities:
- Manage Trustee Secretariat service to ensure that the Trustee Board are supported so that the Atkins Pension Plan remains compliant and that the Trustee satisfies its obligations to the membership, the company and legal requirements.
- Manage day to day relationship with third party pensions and life administrators – PS Administration Limited to ensure that the administration (for the Atkins Pension Plan and Life Assurance Plan) is meeting member requirements and agreed service levels
- Act as an escalation point for more complex pension queries received via administration team investigating the issues, liaising with third party providers (if required) and supporting administration responses to members in an efficient manner
- Assist the Head of Pensions & Benefits to conceive and lead pensions projects and initiatives that respond to legislative changes, or improve the delivery of pensions services for our employees
- Liaise as Atkins representative with the Local Government Pension Scheme; Railways Pension Scheme – Atkins Section and Electricity Supply Pension Scheme – ESEU, for applicable Atkins employees
- Lead projects to improve deliver digital communication and interactive web services to membership to enable self-service and engagement
- Work with HR Operations to review and improve pension scheme administration processes, for example, where interfaces are required with third party administrators or where internal processes require improvement.
- Support the Reward Team with broader benefits/pensions projects, particularly where there is a dependency on liaison with the pension scheme trustees e.g. life assurance projects.
- Support ongoing administration activities associated with Auto enrolment. This will include annual changes to AE communications and support re-enrolment processes.
You’ll want to make a positive contribution to the rewards team and influence our strategy. You’ll use your strong communication skills and delivery focus to deliver an excellent service to our customers, achieving your deadlines by utilizing your exceptional organisation and prioritisation skills. You will also enjoy working with a range of different stakeholders to deliver various pensions improvements.
In addition to your project management skills, you will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Professionally qualified either APMI or similar (or part qualified working to complete)
- Degree - ideally in an analytical subject.
- Blend of in house and third party pension administration experience
- Experience of managing external suppliers (secretariat, pension administration and other advisors) including participating in review meetings, reviewing management information and trends associated with performance and liaison with Trustees to resolve issues
- Experience of working within a centre of excellence as part of a broader reward and benefits team supporting the management of large, complex trust-based defined benefit and defined contribution pension schemes as well as smaller acquired schemes
- Evidence of assisting with complex member queries and complaint cases (particularly pensions), investigating issues with appropriate stakeholders and enabling the administration team to communicate outcomes to members, providing direct communication where required..
- Evidence of working with and supervising third party pension administrators, Well developed numerical and analytical skills to deal with a wide variety of financial and pension related requirements
- Experience in the use of MS Office Word and Excel to an advanced level
- Experience of working with and extracting data from an HR database (ideally Oracle HR)
Additional Information and Benefits
to other company sites may be necessary.
working options may be considered for this vacancy.
- Please refer to our website for full details
of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to
15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days
paid annual leave.
- Atkins develops our employees through a
portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make
the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all
forms of training and have a programme of in-house and well as external
training for all of our engineers.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave. Flexible working options will be considered for this vacancy.