Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We are currently recruiting for a planner to be based from our Whitehaven, Cumbria office. The role will offer the right candidate the opportunity to work on a range of projects throughout the Cumbria and Lancashire area.
• An expert user of Primavera P6
• A detailed understanding of either rail or highways Engineering projects and how they are designed, constructed and commissioned
• Must be able to accurately define nuclear, pharmaceutical or industry project programmes and schedules.
• Member of the APM preferred.
• Extensive experience in the use of Primavera Project Planner
• Must be able to work under own initiative in the production of Project Programmes and Tender Programmes.
• Develop broad technical competence and able to check work of all those in the project team
• Experience of managing interfaces with engineering disciplines with minimal supervision
• Experience in preparing project resource histograms, and performance analysis data, and CPI/SPI information.
• Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of Project Controls Techniques including, budget and spend management, change control, Earned Value Management, data analysis, trend analysis and Work Package Management.
• You will be responsible for all aspects of the Projects schedule and project controls requirements.
• Responsible for completion of projects to time and cost
• Able to assign work to other project planners and reliably manage members of the Project Controls team
• Provide regular supervision to junior members of the team
• Familiar with commercial and financial aspects of project management
• Regular client contact
• Building relationships with limited set of common clients
• Good understanding of nuclear, pharmaceutical and industry markets
• Provision of project performance data, project schedules in a concise and timely manner as required by the projects teams.
• Successful in identifying any project deviations, slippage reports and communication of same to the senior members of the team.
• Ensuring that all issues within the programme are highlighted and understood by Senior Management and giving appropriate planning advice.
• You will deliver the Period Programme Update and information regarding changes and delays that have impacted the programme on a period by period basis.
• You will deliver the necessary reports to allow Senior Managers to direct the project appropriately.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career in engineering, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA ( who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA