Atkins Infrastructure business are looking to appoint a Practice Director for our Engineering Practice. This is a great opportunity for a talented individual who can inspire our people and collaborate with clients and internal stakeholders to shape the future of Atkins. Our Engineering Practice Director will report directly to Mike McNicholas, the Managing Director of the Infrastructure business, and will be an integral part of our Senior Leadership Team.
Atkins Infrastructure business is bidding for, winning and delivering some of the biggest and most exciting engineering projects in the UK and overseas. Our current projects include HS2, Crossrail 2, Thames Tideway and many other exciting projects across markets including: Airports, Cities & Development, Education, Energy and Water. As part of our growth strategy we have identified an opportunity for an individual to take on the role of Practice Director for our Engineering practice.
The majority of people within the Infrastructure business sit within three diverse practices – Engineering, Building Design and Environment. The Engineering practice brings together over 1000 engineering professionals and offers a unique breadth of services across the following engineering disciplines: Civil Engineering, Ground Engineering, Networks & Drainage, Mechanical, Electrical & Process (MEP) and Rivers & Maritime.
- The leadership of the talent and discipline groups in the Engineering practice to enhance our technical excellence
- Work with the market and business development teams to engage with clients and actively sell our technical capabilities to suit service line requirements of the markets
- Engender a culture of entrepreneurship, agility and customer focus in line with the High Level Operating Principles of the Atkins UK Region and maintaining in particular a client focus and a philosophy of everybody sells
- Enthuse our people through effective performance and development plans that align to their career opportunities
- Maintain utilisation within the team in the UK through efficient resource management whilst facilitating the flow of work to the Global Design Centre (GDC)
- Ensure we have sufficient resources with the right skills to deliver our current and future market strategies. This includes those within the practice, colleagues in our GDC and through our supply chain partners
- Lead a practice group recognised for technical excellence and ability to flexibly respond to business needs
- Drive technical best practice, knowledge sharing, and process standardisation /optimisation across practice group
- Work with Mike McNicholas Divisional MD to drive collaboration across markets and divisions
- Liaise through the Operations Directors (as above overall lead) with the Market Directors to establish resource demand based on pipeline of opportunities in collaboration with divisional resource managers
- Manage practice group performance with focus on meeting or exceeding productivity targets and keeping break even rates as low as possible
- Responsible for winning work through maximising additional/repeat/follow-on work from clients. Help drive innovation in service offerings
- Ensure skills and capacity meet the needs of the target markets through targeted recruitment and focused staff development
- Maximise component of resource group work delivered from the Global Design Centre
- Identify where skills are not available in-house and work with external alliance partners and subcontractors to deliver project needs
- Motivate managers and team members ensuring they are challenged, stretched and developed with succession plans in place.
- Ensure that business activity conforms to the Business Management System (BMS) and does not present an unacceptable risk.
- Provide technical experts to supporting strategic bids and deliver BAU bids within Discipline Group
- Proven experience in a leadership role, preferably in the same or comparable practice area
- Strong collaborative behaviours to interface with other Practice Directors, Market Directors and other stakeholders
- A high expectation of performance for themselves and other members of the team, coupled with a drive for continuous improvement
- Customer focused with excellent relationship management skills
- Proven business acumen with a demonstrated knowledge of identifying potential value creation.
- As a technical power house leader a proven ability to recruit, develop, and lead technical teams is an advantage
- An understanding of large and complex programmes and the dynamics of strategic and tactical resourcing of the same is key as Infrastructure scales up the nature of its work
- Be available to travel across UK and overseas as required