Atkins Infrastructure business are looking to appoint a Practice Manager to lead our Building Structures teams in the Midlands and South West region.
Reporting in to the UK Building Structures Practice Director you will be responsible for leading a practice of talented structural engineering professionals to deliver some of the most exciting multi-disciplinary engineering projects across sectors including Aviation, Cities & Development, Education, Energy and Transportation.
The Practices are the ‘technical powerhouse’ that forms the foundation of the Atkins organisation. As Practice Manager you will work collaboratively to exceed client expectations, drive innovation and ensure technical excellence.
- Lead the practice team and drive its reputation for technical excellence
- Provide technical expertise on a variety of large structural and multi-discipline engineering projects
- Provide the focus for business communications and pastoral support to regional practice teams and actively support career and talent development
- Working collaboratively with the Building Structures management team to ensure that the practice operates as a national discipline.
- Network with other Practice Managers across the region, sharing information and resources, collaborating locally on business development and delivery initiatives.
- Coordinate specialist inputs to delivery and ensure 'right first time' is embedded.
- As technical lead, act as a Project Manager or Project Director and undertake technical delivery.
Support the practice in winning work through maximising additional/repeat/follow-on work from clients, identifying and providing technical expertise to support practice business development, and driving innovation in service offerings.
Proven experience at a similar level within Structural Engineering
Proven track record of successful delivery of major buildings / infrastructure projects
Able to lead the practice team, providing combination of technical reputation and communication skills to interface with clients and internal stakeholders and ensure the team is recognised for its technical excellence and quality of delivery
Proven technical leadership on large project delivery
Ability to build and motivate a team and demonstrate good leadership qualities
Knowledge of the market and ability to build on current client relationships and a hunger to establish new client contacts
Track record of winning work with strong experience of bidding
Chartered Structural/Civil Engineer
Preferred office location: Bristol or Birmingham
If you wish to discuss this opportunity then please contact: Andrew.Trueman@AtkinsGlobal.com