Join our Transport Modelling and data Analytics team and you’ll be working with teams across Atkins helping us to deliver some of the biggest transport projects in the UK. You’ll help ensure the right projects get the go ahead by advising on feasibility, optimum solutions and delivery of major transport schemes and more. If you can provide clear advice and leadership you’ll enjoy an exciting future and huge scope at Atkins.
The Transport Modelling and Data Analytics team sits within the wider Consultancy Practice and provides specialist domain knowledge in strategic and micro-simulation modelling as well as growing our data analytics capability to assist the wider intelligent mobility agenda in order to make the most of technology and data on the transport network to inform decision making.
We are currently seeking a Practice Manager to manage our modelling and data analytics capability in the South of England, covering our existing offices in Cambridge, London and Epsom (circa 35 staff and a wide associate network) and overseeing expansion in Aldershot and Croydon.
• Co-ordinating the Team to deliver business performance with focus on meeting or exceeding productivity targets while supporting wider Practice and Atkins objectives;
• Co-ordination with Practice director, team leaders, technical leads, project managers, market leads and other Atkins staff (and associates/sub-contractors) to establish resource demand based on pipeline of opportunities and ensure appropriate resource allocation;
• Co-ordinate, maintain and manage the Transportation Resource Management System (and other relevant pipeline and project management systems such as CRM and EA) on a regular basis;
• Co-ordination with Practice director, team leaders, technical leads for review of business and tender opportunities on a regular basis.
• Lead the recruitment of staff in line with the business requirements and future opportunities;
• Leading and contributing to tenders and/or business development opportunities, in-line with corporate governance and then, when secured, ensuring the work is delivered in the most efficient and effective way by supporting the teams in resource allocation, client liaison and so forth;
• Co-ordination of development of staff, identification of staff training and competence review in line with the requirements of their respective disciplines;
• Line management of direct report Staff;
• Maintaining agreed personal productivity level.
The candidate would be based in our Cambridge, London or Epsom office but there will be an occasional requirement to travel within the UK and abroad.
• A degree (or equivalent) is essential;
• Chartered status or equivalent;
• Experience of leading/managing teams;
• Extensive experience in any aspect of transport modelling, preferably in the UK, with understanding of the multi-disciplinary aspects of that area of work;
• Experienced people manager with good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
• Excellent communication skills to interface with clients and internal stakeholders;
• Demonstrable collaborative behaviours to interface with the Practice Director, Team Leaders, and other parts of Atkins;
• Experience in understanding customer requirements and developing winning bids.
Join us in this role and you can take your transportation career so much further. We offer the opportunity to work across different disciplines, in different UK offices and even to take up international or client-based secondments. So you won’t just be helping to shape the world of tomorrow, you’ll be shaping your own future too. We’ve got a lively culture where people from a diverse range of backgrounds support and inspire each other to achieve great things. So alongside excellent rewards and benefits, you’ll enjoy being part of a team that builds strong bonds both in and out of work!