The Atkins Design & Engineering business have secured a number of major projects which have generated the need to expand our heavy civil engineering capability nationally. As part of this expansion we are looking to expand our teams in the South West region, to work on major projects in the energy, defence and marine sectors.
We have a number of exciting opportunities for talented Senior Civil Engineers to continue to develop their careers within a major engineering project environment and to take up senior roles within Atkins multi-disciplinary teams.
We have opportunities based both in our Atkins Bristol offices and co-located in Client offices.
- Lead and undertake Civil/Structural engineering design, review and construction supervision across a range of projects;
- Check and review designs prepared by others;
- Mentor and develop capability of junior staff
- Chartered or Near Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer
- Experience of heavy Civil/Structural engineering in the Power, Ports and Defence sectors.
- Large scale Earthworks, Deep Excavations and Underground concrete structures experience particularly relevant.
- Experience working on Nuclear or Defence sites highly desirable
- Knowledge of current relevant design codes.
- Attention to details and able to scrutinise and review design and construction work.
- Understanding of the importance of processes in the Nuclear and Defence environments.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to assess and solve complex engineering problems
- A hard working and flexible individual, who is a team player, possesses good attention to detail, is reliable, proactive and shows initiative
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi-discipline team
- A high expectation of performance for themselves and other members of the team
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across disciplines
- A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients
- Be available to travel across the UK and work away from home, with potential periods overseas on assignments, when required
- Have a valid UK driving licence
- Experience of seismic structural design
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.