Atkins are one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and have been voted as a Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work for 2015.
Our Water, Ground and Environment business have been successful in securing a number of multi million pound design frameworks within the UK Water Industry between 2015 and 2020.
We are looking for engineers to join our Bristol office who are able to innovate and challenge standard practices. We want great communicators who can integrate well and who see beyond the standard approach to design delivery.
Within our Engineering Design practice, we have an opportunity for a Principal Electrical Engineer based in Bristol.
You will join an established team of around 30 civil, mechanical, electrical and process engineers working from our state of the art office in Bristol. You will be expected to lead multidisciplinary design schemes as well as providing line management to a group of highly motivated, developing engineers.
We will be delivering outline and detailed design work across 2 multimillion pound design frameworks. We will also be providing engineering expertise to a wide range of UK and international clients in water and environmental related projects - but outside of the regulated UK Water Industry.
This is an exciting time to be joining Atkins.
- Candidates must be Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering
- A chartered engineer or close to chartership
- Proven track record in leading multi-disciplinary design projects.
- Demonstrable experience within the water engineering sector with experience in both wastewater and water
- Proven understanding of the design process and ability to demonstrate working knowledge of brief/scope documents, design concepts as well as significant experience technically i.e. calculations
- Experienced in production/input to design risk assessments and familiar with relevant HSE legislation
- A desire to develop project management skills, in parallel with technical design including preparing and monitoring project programmes as well as monitoring project budgets
The role of a Principal Electrical Engineer within the MEP stream will require the individual to undertake the following duties:
- Project Health and Safety including H&S project plans, site visit risk assessments & CDM awareness
- Technical input into Optioneering, scoping, feasibility studies, outline and detailed design projects as well as support as required to other members of the project team
- Production of electrical, control and instrumentation design documentation and drawings
- Technical report writing
- Adherence to company policies and standards when delivering projects
- Develop opportunities through close liaison with both internal and external Clients
- Detailed understanding and experience of the contractual and commercial terms against which we deliver our work to our clients
- Capable of building and maintaining strong business relationships with internal line managers and external clients.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.
- Ability to lead and develop others