Atkins is one of the world's leading rail engineers. Its rail business is the largest in its field in Europe and having India as Global Design Centre to support globally.
We undertake projects from feasibility through to detailed design and construction management. Our engineers are skilled in the design of OLE projects, Layout Plans, Cross sections, Switching cross sections, Section Diagrams, Bonding plans and staging works.
We have committed forward workload and a strategy to achieve growth through expanding our existing client base to provide consultancy services including outline design, detailed design, and consultancy advice.
An opportunity has arisen for OLE Team Leader in our Gurgaon/India office.
· To lead a team design engineers and technicians working on multi-disciplinary railway projects.
· Will be responsible for supervising work, ensuring that it is carried out to the appropriate technical standard and that it is managed to programme and budget.
· On certain projects you will take the role of Project Manager which includes liaising with the client and responsibility for commercial issues.
· Will be responsible for the development of members of staff within section.
· On certain project you may have to act as designer.
· Degree and or Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical discipline, qualified from a reputable university and technical bodies.
· An experience proven in the production of all aspects attributed to OLE designs.
· Should have around 15 years of experience for degree holders & 20 years of experience for diploma holders experience in design and allocations for railway OLE (OHE) for main line, junction areas, yard layouts, sidings and depots.
· Experience at managing interface issues with other rail engineering disciplines on multi-discipline engineering projects.
- Application of and familiarity with railway standards and safety principles.
- Basic knowledge of track profile and signaling requirements.
- Proficient in computer applications such as MS Office especially Excel, word, power point etc.
· Basic use of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
· Production of feasibility studies/report and bill of quantities
· Knowledge about traction power supply system, its design and application.
· Ideally should hold a Degree and be qualified to Chartered Engineer status (or working towards) with relevant and appropriate experience of OLE engineering design /consultancy.
· An understanding in the use of Auto Cad and or microstation.
· If acted as CRE or similar role for OLE design will be an added advantage
· Good understanding of Network Rail Standards, Group Standards, British / European Standards and Railway Safety Principles
· Experience on OLE and power supply design on metro rail, mono rail etc will be an added advantage.
· Able to think logically and laterally, solving problems creatively and assessing them rationally.
· Able to multitask and respond to short-notice changes.
· Able to act with initiative and to take responsibility.
· Be self-motivated and able to work independently and within a team.
· Able to organize self and others.
· Able to work to time and cost budgets.
· Able to learn about new subjects quickly.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express ideas, concerns, solutions, suggestions in written or oral form in such a way as to be understood by those with or without a technical background.
· Positive with a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude.
· Able to demonstrate experience in a similar role.
· Willing to work with Clients and their project teams.
· Identify and input to activities in support of the wider business objectives that may draw upon skills in addition to those outlined above