We are looking for a motivated and dynamic Senior/Principal EIA Coordinator to join our team in Whitehaven. You will be self-motivated and have the ability to identify new opportunities, inform growth strategies, and win and deliver work under your own initiative. A key part of the role will entail developing relationships both across Atkins and within key client organisations across the Northern Powerhouse region, focussing initially on the north-west.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Our proven track record in delivering complex solutions is made possible by the collective breadth and depth of expertise, experience and resources of our people and businesses around the world.
You will join a team of over 60 EIA and environmental coordinators located across the country, working to deliver an exciting range of high profile infrastructure projects including HS2, Smart Motorways, road improvement schemes, water utility schemes and East-West Rail. Key clients in this region include NUGEN, United Utilities, Network Rail, Highways England, Sellafield and Urenco.
Working collaboratively with a range of technical specialists you will manage and coordinate Environmental Impacts Assessments, and/or the development of Environmental Management Plans for the design and construction phases of infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will have experience of UK environmental legislation and a broad understanding of all the technical specialism required for an EIA. This will be combined with an ability to work successfully with design teams to influence project development in order to deliver optimal environmental outcomes on projects.
You will also have the necessary experience and ability to contribute towards achieving the targets of the business with regards to business development, business delivery and work winning.
You will join a progressive Environment team with a wide range of client interests within the public and private sectors and will play a key role in the development of Atkins’ infrastructure services in the UK.
- Set the scope, coordinate, check and review the work of others.
- Competently undertake own work to an excellent standard; on time and to budget.
- Support and develop more junior staff.
- Represent the company well and continue to build personal and company reputation.
- Develop and maintain relationships across the organisation to ensure we position ourselves well within the market and assemble technically excellent project teams
- Maintain continual professional development in accordance with requirements of chosen professional institute
- Degree or Masters qualified in an environmental or science subject.
Proven commercial acumen
Aptitude in identification, progression, delivery and success in tendering for new work opportunities.
- Experienced in the specification, preparation and coordination of fee proposals for environmental work.
Chartered, or on route to becoming chartered, with a relevant professional institute.
Experienced in the coordination and delivery of environmental work being undertaken by multi-disciplinary teams, including: EIA; options appraisals and iterative design processes; and environmental management.
Experience of coordinating EIA for infrastructure projects in the road, rail or energy sectors .
- Excellent depth and breadth of knowledge of environmental legislation, guidance, and technical specialisms, e.g. requirements for ecology surveys; consents and permits; noise and air quality assessments and controls; landscape and visual impact assessments.
- Able to check and review complex documents and summarise and present the key issues in a clear and concise way, understandable to non-specialists.
- Experienced in meeting with and managing clients’ needs in a confident, professional manner.
- Able to work within a team and motivate others to deliver to high standards, on time and to budget.
- Able to prioritise and work effectively under pressure
Have experience of working within the nuclear industry
Have achieved a competent standard in own area of technical environmental specialism and broadened their awareness of other environmental disciplines
Flexible, adaptable and prepared to take on new challenges and work from other Atkins or client office locations
Proven record of project and/or team management
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions such as RTPI, LI, ICE, CIEEM, CIWEM, CIEEM and IEMA.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package.