Atkins leads the industry in the design, development and management of total rail infrastructure systems. We undertake civil engineering consultancy and design on Network Rail, London Underground and light rail networks, undertaking projects from feasibility through to detailed design and construction management. Our Permanent Way team focuses on providing technically complex and detailed designs for a range of rail projects.
Using our technical design skills on a wide range of demanding projects within a technically competent multi-disciplinary design team we are cultivating work streams from traditional rail clients, new clients and private industrial rail users. As a result, we are currently looking for a Principal P-Way Engineer to join our team based in Gurgoan or Bangalore, India. In return, you will be provided with the opportunity to grow and develop the team and shape your career towards your individual requirements and aspirations.
· Leading and developing the P-Way team
· Management and technical leadership on current projects
· Business Development
· Detailed design and checking of track designs to Network Rail standards
· Outline design and cost estimation schemes
· Contribution to major multifunctional transport projects
· Contribution to survey works and method statements
· Successful completion of projects. This includes preparation of briefs, scope of works, etc.
· Ensuring the completion of technical tasks as appropriate to complete the works
· Liaison with clients, stakeholders, other professional bodies and contractors etc.
· Responsible for working with and leading the P-Way team in advancing our technical capability to the highest standard. This will include identifying innovative approaches and techniques and presenting technical papers Using relevant software packages.
· Previous experience between 12 to 15 years of Permanent Way (P-Way) design (both S&C and plain line) with a thorough working knowledge of Network Rail standards is essential
· You will have acted in a position of seniority as a client liaison
· You will posses excellent interpersonal skills and be able to build relationships with existing and potential clients
· You will be comfortable in producing technical reports
· As a minimum, you will be BTEC/HNC qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of in-house and external training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals on a six monthly basis.
Rewards and benefits
· A competitive salary will be offered to the right person
· Employees' Provident Fund Scheme (PF)
· Medical Insurance coverage for the employee, his / her spouse and two children
· Accident Insurance coverage for the employee
· Annual bonus / Gratuity Scheme
· Medical Expenses Reimbursement
We offer ample opportunity for professional career development through exposure to a wide range of varied and challenging projects and promote both technical and wider management career progression to ambitious individuals.
The best opportunity for P-way Engineers to be a part of a world class engineering consultancy.