If you are a Principal/Senior HVAC Engineer with exceptional interpersonal skills, thrive on working on exciting projects, and have an interest in the Nuclear sector, then this could be the role for you.
Working within our Systems & Environmental team in Bristol, you will be an integral part of the delivery of engineering solutions in the Nuclear Energy Sector. You’ll be working closely with our clients, completing site and client office visits, plant walkdowns, project delivery and fixed term secondments. By joining the vibrant Energy Business, you will have the opportunity to work across the whole nuclear market from Nuclear New Build to Decommissioning.
You’ll be responsible for the analysis, assessment, optioneering and design of HVAC systems, which can be stand-alone technical tasks or part of large multi-disciplinary projects. Working closely with our clients, you’ll be consulting with them to develop a full understanding of their project requirements, delivering cost effective and innovative solutions. You’ll also take the lead on some projects – co-ordinating the team and mentoring others.
Building strong and trusted relationships is a key part of this role. You’ll enjoy working with others, sometimes directly at client sites, sometimes from our offices. You’ll be client focused – being able to interface with clients, understand their needs and convert opportunities into successful workstreams.
In addition to building excellent relationships with our clients, you’ll also be able to build excellent relationships within the team, being able to lead a team within a project, be a line manager, and mentor others. You’ll also have the ability to work individually or in multi-disciplinary teams
You will enjoy approaching things in different ways to find the best possible fit – you like making improvements and consider different approaches, trying to find the best approach to fit whatever is the current context.
In addition to having strong analytical and numeracy skills, other key requirements include:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services;
- Chartered Member of the CIBSE, ASHRAE or IMechE;
- An appropriate level of relevant industrial experience- in the absence of power or nuclear industry specific experience, we would require experience of work associated with a highly regulated industry (e.g. Oil and Gas, Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Water);
- Demonstrable ability to be able to communicate well, especially with the written form;
- Experience of owning and delivering engineering projects individually or within teams of professional staff.
You may also demonstrate the below desirable requirements:
- Direct, relevant Nuclear Sector experience;
- Experience in mentoring junior engineers in task delivery;
- Experience in mechanical process design;
- Experience of BIM, i.e. Revit MEP/PDMS;
- Consultancy and commercial experience.
- Travel to other company sites may be necessary
- You will have the opportunity to work across the whole energy market, including Renewables and Oil & Gas, as well as associated sectors (e.g. Defence)
- Successful candidate will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted
- Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career in engineering, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.