Are you looking for your next opportunity in offshore analysis?
Would you like to lead structural engineering analysis for all types of offshore structures? If so, we'd love you to apply for this role.The Team
Within the Energy business, we have been involved with the design, assessment and modification of over 1000 oil and gas installations around the world and are the operator’s ‘go to’ company for difficult challenges from life extension to innovative new design. You will become part of a growing team of over 2000 engineers working in the global energy sector.
Our operation in Central London supports projects focused on the design and operation of fixed and floating offshore structures in the Oil and Gas and Renewables markets. Atkins is at the forefront of providing offshore Structural Integrity Management services, delivering innovative solutions to manage the integrity of offshore assets over their full lifecycle. The Role
We are looking for Structural Engineers with who have a good understanding of advanced analysis techniques and the application of design codes to provide practical solutions to our clients’ challenges.
As a senior member of the team, you will lead technical delivery of work packages and develop the capability of a team of engineers. You will also present your work to clients through reports and presentations.
You’ll be responsible for leading structural engineering analysis using finite element techniques for assessment and design for all types of offshore structures including fixed and floating. You will deliver high quality structural finite element analysis, ensure compliance with relevant codes and standards, as well as internal best practice procedures and contribute to analytical methods for specific structural engineering analysis.The Person
With excellent communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills, you will be able to build relationships effectively and assist in winning work from new and existing clients.
Comfortable at leading tasks, you are keen to support, mentor and develop the capability of the team. You are also a motivator and take personal responsibility in achieving the best from the team to ensure client satisfaction. You are comfortable and adaptable to working in new and changing environments. You have good attention to detail and are able to make judgements under pressure.
You have a strong background in offshore structural engineering with the following qualifications and most of the experience:
- Engineering degree, honours or equivalent in civil, mechanical, structural, naval architecture or similar;
- Chartered Engineer with a recognised engineering institution;
- Linear and non-linear offshore structural analysis (e.g. Fatigue, Ultimate and Accidental Limit States, Ship impact) – particularly, SESAM, USFOS and SACS
- Understanding of environmental loading;
- Design and assessment of offshore structures to relevant code requirements (e.g. ISO, DNV, NORSOK, API);
- Linear and non-linear FEA experience in ABAQUS or similar package.
At Atkins, we invest in people. With the technical excellence of some 18,000 staff we are one of the world’s leading engineering and design consultancies. Our philosophy is to help our people navigate a career path which enables them to achieve their ambitions. We offer flexible, rewarding work packages tailored towards career progression, which are founded on the principles of growth, ambition and excellence.
Our Energy business is delivering engineering, design and consultancy solutions to the oil and gas, nuclear, renewables, electrical generation, transmission and distribution sectors all over the world. Merging original thinking with our experience from 60 years in the energy industry, we help transform the potential of existing infrastructure as well as new resources and technology. We listen and lead across boundaries, bringing lessons learned from one industry or discipline to another to help realise our client’s vision. We build long-term relationships based on trust and integrity and by being there when we’re needed, delivering what we say we will, and adapting to changes and leaning into challenges.
People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the energy sector and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a different to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.Additional Information
Reward & Benefits
- This is an exciting time for Atkins, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our services in the Energy sector in the UK. As part of a single Energy business, there will be opportunities to develop your skills and experience in the UK working across all our Energy clients and also for international travel as part of the global Energy business.
- Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house and well as external training for all of our staff.
- Flexible working will be considered for this role.
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.