Atkins’ Transportation business is currently expanding our team of Transport Technology Consultants within the Network Operations and Technology Practice. With government investment expected, we are looking for experienced professionals that have enthusiasm and experience in applying consultancy solutions in a transport technology context.
The successful candidate will have a background in Intelligent Transport Systems and / or public transport technology ideally with experience including Smart Ticketing, Real Time Passenger Information, UTC/UTMC systems and other local authority systems. Your experience will enable you to provide high quality consultancy as part of a project team.
This role is based in our Birmingham office.
• Have strong existing relations with potential clients in the public sector, notably with local authorities that can be used to secure on-going fee based consultancy business.
• Be required to prepare bids, act as project manager and be willing to lead appropriately sized tasks themselves.
• Deliver high quality, innovative client solutions for Intelligent Transport Systems projects.
• Undertake project management duties on projects of a broad range of projects to standards and procedures (internal and client).
The Network Operations and Technology Practice is part of the Transportation Consultancy business. With over 50 staff the Practice assists public sector organisations in a wide number of activities, providing ‘whole life’ consultancy across a breadth of projects. Typically, these include:
• Strategic and technical advice, feasibility and scoping.
• Business case development, requirements capture, specification design and other project inception activities.
• Development of standards.
• Project management during procurement and installation.
• Design and development of key highway technology systems.
• Commissioning and acceptance testing.
We are seeking a client focussed professional with experience of providing consultancy support for delivery of intelligent transport systems projects to public sector clients in the UK. This person will have the ability to work independently in the development of new business – notably with local authorities – to develop effective relationships securing on-going revenue.
Key attributes will include:
• Good degree and/or relevant professional qualification or equivalent
• Delivery of projects including project management and advisory roles
• Ability to understand complex issues and capture client and system requirements
• Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-discipline environment
• Proven ability to rapidly learn new skills and understand complex technical projects
• Excellent problem solving skills and able to develop new and innovative ideas
Join us and you’ll be joining a business that places no limits on how far you can progress. You’ll gain experience on a diverse range of industry-leading projects, have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK, and the globe. Benefit from our promotion-from-within policy. You’ll enjoy an exceptional rewards and benefits package including forward-thinking flexible working options to ensure that working with us works for you.
To apply please click the apply link attached. We are looking to interview as soon as possible for this role as it is of a high priority. It is expected the interview process will be a 1 stage process competency based interview, with the option of a further meeting should it be required.