Atkins are one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi-sector engineering design consultancies in the world and have been voted as a Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work for 2015.
Our Water, ground and environment (WG&E) division has been successful in securing a number of multi-million pound design frameworks within the UK Water Industry for the period between 2015 and 2020.
We are currently looking for an ambitious process engineer to join our team in Glasgow delivering a needs assessment, feasibility and general engineering consultancy framework for our client, Scottish Water.
- Educated to degree level with a process engineering bias
- Computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes as a minimum
- Demonstrable experience within the water and/or wastewater engineering sector
- Direct experience of the Scottish Water’s capital delivery processes would be beneficial
- Proven understanding of the needs assessment, feasibility and design process and ability to demonstrate working knowledge of brief/scoping documents and design concepts as well as some experience technically i.e. production of calculations, datasheets, technical specifications, cost estimates etc
- Good commercial awareness
- Proven ability and experience in providing a customer-focussed service and ensuring clients are satisfied
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Positive outlook and approachable manner
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with internal staff and external clients
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary
- Well motivated, able to work as part of a team or on individual assignments when required
- Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Supporting projects as part of a team including other Atkins employees and client staff
- Engineering design within the water and wastewater sectors
- Liaison with clients
- Feasibility, outline and detailed design work
- Technical report writing