Atkins is the largest engineering consultancy in the UK, the largest multi-disciplinary consultancy in Europe and the seventh largest design firm in the world.
- Excellent knowledge of contract formation including Terms & Conditions reviews, drafting, presentation and scope, price schedules, programme, technical requirements, QSE integration
- Excellent MS Word & Excel skills as an enabler to the above
- Renowned for outstanding team working ethos and the ‘ to go to’ person in times of need
- Project Procurement management experience
- Excellent delivery planning experience
- Services & Equipment procurement experience
- Purchase Order support team workload coordination
- Exceptional internal and external relationship management
- Full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (C.I.P.S.)
- Budget financial management
- Ability to work at locations across the UK when required
Relevant experience of delivering in an rail / engineering based Procurement environment
UK Rail industry knowledge and experience.
Atkins Transportation works on a number of large complicated projects at any given time and the Procurement Officer will be required to provide a Supply Chain service to those projects nominated by the Supply Chain Manager.
- Develop and agree procurement strategies with projects
- Ensure Contracts are drafted in accordance with Atkins Transportation Supply Chain policy, governance and best practice, and executed on time to project timescales and before purchase orders are raised against them
- Ensure all external services and equipment are procured and delivered to an effective plan which matches project delivery requirements, which can change constantly
- Where purchase orders are required to be raised, or assistance provided by the support team, engage in effective management and communication with other Project Leads to ensure orders for all live projects are not compromised
- Manage Supply Chain agreed budgets and ensure benefits are realised against said budgets
- Develop excellent internal and external relationships and be the key link between the business and the supply market for specified suppliers
- Report on Supplier and Sub-Contractor performance at project level
- Any other duties commensurate with Contracts & Procurement activities
- Excellent communicator
- Self starter
- Excellent Team member
- Innovative thinker
- Able to lead others within Procurement team
- Financial knowledge
- Able to influence people up to senior management level
- Good verbal and written skills
Although Birmingham based, the successful applicant will be required to travel to and work in other locations throughout the UK.
Full Driving Licence required.