Atkins have recently defined a “One Atkins2020” organisational strategy. To support this strategy, Group Information Services have defined an operating model for 2020 to revolutionise the way digital services and products are provided to the organisation, moving from a project focus to a product focus driving Business Value for the organisation. Key concepts include: moving to digital products, adopting agile across the organisation, leveraging cloud, and focus on supporting bid and delivery.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of the role is to apply marketing rigour to support the successful creation, delivery and adoption of digital products that create value for our customers, clients and partners. Fulfilling the objectives of this role will drive higher awareness, and adoption, of our products leading to increased operating profit and revenue performance to Atkins.
The aim is to develop, and tell, a compelling story (unifying discrete products into a seamless customer journey and experience) to both internal and external audiences.
Product Marketing – under the guidance of the Digital Commercial Strategy Director and Global Product Director, create the digital product marketing strategy and plan, coordinating a variety of marketing execution resources (e.g. content, offers) and ensures that inside/direct/indirect sales resources have the knowledge and tools required to convert leads into opportunities and closed business.
Key activities include:
- In tandem with the Digital Commercial Strategy Director define the market opportunity for products understanding the market/competitor dynamics to help identify or validate product opportunities in market sectors and key clients
- Perform targeting/segmentation that result in action through aligned and detail oriented Go-to-Market Plans for internal and external channels
- Identify product’s core demand type (e.g. new concept, new paradigm, established market)
- Map out the potential buying process for the product, including key roles that will participate in it
- Develop buyer personas for the identified roles
- Build positioning and messaging for products unified under a common customer journey/theme
- Build relevant content for buyer roles to consume in a variety of formats, including white papers, brochures, social media, web pages, online events and more
- Develop a competitive comparison guide for use in positioning against like offerings from other organizations
- Collaborate with a sales enablement functions for internal and external channels
- Lead or assist in the creation of enablement content for direct and indirect sales resources (e.g. playbooks, battlecards, scripts, presentations, training modules and demos)
- Develop a social media plan to support both the Digital product releases as well as its on-going lifecycle management
- Work closely with product managers and channel leads, to orchestrate successful execution of the commercial launch of products
- Develop a range of case studies, and customer testimonials, for external/internal use
- Support promotion and business development activities directly through presentations, events, conferences.
- Conduct win/loss interviews and perform on-going analysis
The role requires a robust understanding of a range of product marketing strategies across a range of products, particularly in the technology arena, and the ability to translate that knowledge, and experience, into the Atkins portfolio.
The Product Marketing Manager should have commercial awareness from B2B and/or B2C environments, and can demonstrate their ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
The Product Marketing Manager will have extensive direct experience and will be required to deputise for the Global Product Directors as required.
The Product Marketing Manager will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies and skills:
- The ability to use of a variety of marketing approaches to product and propositions
- The ability to think strategically, and, think like a customer
- Commercial Awareness – strong understanding of the drivers of commercial performance, in both, technology sales, and people consulting, business environments.
- Analytical Skills – strong attention to detail and ability to deal with ambiguity and apply logical, structured approaches to bring clarity. Experience of use case definition, market analysis, business/lean canvas, cost/benefit analysis. The ability to “mine” data and both understand the information generated and be able to communicate its implications Ability to identify key drivers and sensitivities in business models.
- Stakeholder Management – ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders, and an aptitude for quickly developing relationships.
- Communication Skills – strong communication skills, both oral and written, with ability to articulate complex ideas to a range of audiences, simply. Flexible engagement style with ability to tailor according to the situation/audience
Additional Information and Benefits
to other company sites may be necessary.
working options may be considered for this vacancy.
- Please refer to our website for full details
of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to
15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days
paid annual leave.
- Atkins develops our employees through a
portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make
the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all
forms of training and have a programme of in-house and well as external
training for all of our engineers.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25
Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers
for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we
believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical
skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to
staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework
agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and
design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually
every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the
opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of
our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the
perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.