Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of £200 million.
Faithful+Gould worldwide has access to 2,300 consultants, of whom 400 are located in the Middle East across six offices. We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.
Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
Project Director (Malls):
We are currently looking for a Project Director with a minimum of 20 years’ experience in the management of large regional regional mall/retail projects. This is a mega mall for which you will be responsible for taking the project through both the design and construction phases.
Drawing on your existing major projects experience, you will be responsible for monitoring the project direction and coordinating throughout the project life-cycle to project completion.
The Project Director will be a qualified professional capable of providing planning, leadership, direction and technical expertise to manage complex tasks and multidisciplinary projects. He must have a minimum qualification BSc, BEng, BA or equivalent, have Chartered status and more than 15 years’ experience with the last 5 years being on a similar project/role. Experience working in the UAE on high end retail projects would be preferred. You will also be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the company reputation with our clients and developing effective long term client relationships thus identifying and developing new opportunities for the Group.
- Degree in engineering or construction
- Experience in leading on large multi-disciplinary retail (mall) projects or running a major programme of works for a multi-million dirham project
- Experience of leading a business and having responsibility for a P&L account
- Proven success in the delivery of large capital projects within scope, time and budget
- Ability to influence for results
- Experience in the planning, managing and successfully delivering on projects involving numerous stakeholders
- Effective IT and communication skills in report writing, presentations and holding effective conversations
- Proven ability to lead, organize and direct large multi-national organization
- Be resilient with a “can do” attitude and able to work under pressure
- Be collaborative and able to work across regional and business boundaries
- Be focused on delivering to agree objectives and standards
- Assert independent views and challenge when appropriate
- Willing to challenge the status quo
- Provide the principal point of contact with the clients’ senior representatives for the delivery of project services
- Manage and work with the local authorities and municipality for the delivery of approvals, permits and services
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with relevant project, technical, financial and commercial staff
- Develop close working relationships with other business heads, locally and internationally
- Mobilise and demobilize staff members to meet delivery requirements
- Support, coach, develop and recruit senior managers and engineers
- Support the Project Manager in the resolution of problems
- Deliver on all technical and commercial aspects of the project as per the contract requirements
- Manage the client relationship and key stakeholders
- Manage and coordinate with the local Authorities and Municipalities in Dubai
- Business develop to ensure repeat business
- Deliver the financial objectives for the programme
- Manage all programme risk and contingencies
- Ensure compliance with the Business Management System
- Direct staff and resources to meet programme delivery requirements
- Ensure project success