Atkins’ Aerospace Defence & Security Division delivers a range of services including P3M and Business Consulting, Asset Assurance, Mechanical Design & Analysis and Technology Consulting, Communications and Systems into the Aerospace, Defence, Security & Intelligence, and Civil Government and Infrastructure markets.
In Project Management, there’s no such thing as a standard project. We thrive on solving problems and our aim on every project is to come up with exactly the right solution, not a one-size-fits-all approach. The wide range of experts in our multi-skilled team means we always have the right people in place to answer the problem.
We are now looking for a dynamic and motivated individual with proven analytical skills and time management to join our Project Controls team.
This is an exciting time in Atkins, and the role provides the individual with significant development opportunities that arise through working in a growth area in an expanding team, which has a structured path into Project Management. You would normally be working as part of a team and we are happy to invest in training and development for the right individual.
- Provide Project Managers / Project Directors with confidence on the monthly project finances to help ensure that our projects are executed in a timely & cost efficient manner;
- Preparing monthly cost reports capturing labour and expense actuals and estimates to complete;
- Assist with cost impact analysis of contract changes;
- Prompting Project Managers / Project Directors for timely inputs to the finance reports and the project management reports;
- Performing and delivering allocated project tasks, as directed by your Project Manager;
- Ensuring accurate and timely invoicing is carried out;
- Maintaining databases and spreadsheets as directed by your Project Manager, for the purposes of Project Control;
- Ensuring Contractor timesheets are signed off by the Project Manager and entered into the Finance system promptly;
- Prompting for customer feedback forms, inputs to the Lessons Learnt database;
- Assisting in tracking project costs and producing finance reports;
- Assisting preparation of management reporting.
- Experience in cost forecasting/budgeting
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Experience in data manipulation and reporting
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package which includes the option to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year. Additional Information
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted