Atkins’ Aerospace Defence & Security Division delivers a range of services including P3M and Business Consulting, Asset Assurance, Mechanical Design & Analysis and Technology Consulting, Communications and Systems into the Aerospace, Defence, Security & Intelligence, and Civil Government and Infrastructure markets.
In Project Management, there’s no such thing as a standard project. We thrive on solving problems and our aim on every project is to come up with exactly the right solution, not a one-size-fits-all approach. The wide range of experts in our multi-skilled team means we always have the right people in place to answer the problem.
We are now looking for a dynamic and motivated, experienced, Project Controls individual to join our team.
This is an exciting time in Atkins, and the role provides the individual with significant development opportunities that arise through working in a growth area in an expanding team, which has a structured path into Project Management. You would normally be working as part of a team and we are happy to invest in training and development for the right individual.
- Performing and delivering allocated project tasks, as directed by your Project Manager;
- Understanding the project and business goals and helping to achieve them;
- Assisting in tracking project costs and producing finance reports, identifying any anomalies or opportunities for savings or efficiency improvements through better management;
- Ensuring accurate and timely invoicing is carried out;
- Ensuring compliance with the business Project Management Framework;
- Maintaining databases and spreadsheets as directed by your Project Manager, for the purposes of Project Control;
- Prompting Project Managers / Project Directors for timely inputs to the finance reports and the project management reports
- Prompting for customer feedback forms, inputs to the Lessons Learnt database
- Prompting inputs to and maintaining skills database
- Assisting preparation of management reporting
- Preparing document templates to a professional standard, and giving guidance where necessary on the Stage Gate and Project Management Processes.
- Previous experience in a project support role, supporting a project manager/director is highly desirable
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and MS Project
- Experience using Enterprise Advantage or other project management systems would be preferable
- Prince 2 or APMP at Foundation level is desirable
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package which includes the option to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted .