Project Controls Manager
Are you looking for a new challenge to progress your career at a world leading project and programme management consultancy? Faithful+Gould is a leader in its field, operating at the forefront of the property, infrastructure, nuclear and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise.
Due to continued success in securing projects in the Cumbria region, we are looking for an exceptional Project Controls Manager to join our highly successful team in Whitehaven, Cumbria. Our projects range in value from £0.5m to £20m+ and are with a variety of high profile clients giving our team a diverse and exciting workload.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a growing, dynamic and sociable office and make an impact. In return, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
Faithful+Gould have been crowned Construction Consultant/ Surveyor of the year in the 2015 Building Awards. This is the second time in four years Faithful+Gould have won this prestigious title.
Faithful+Gould are a signatory to the RICS Inclusive Employer Quality Mark
• Day-to-day management of Project Controls team
• Oversight and technical support to other project control teams across multiple projects
• Regular interactions with client on schedule and cost progress.
• Management of the project work breakdown structure and the Primavera plan.
• Management of the cost breakdown structure and cost monitoring on the project
• Responsible for the Project Summary Reports (PSR) on behalf of the PM
• Oversight of change control rules and ensuring compliance
• Management, presentation and reporting of Earned Value
• Maintenance of project risk log and calculating project contingency fund requirements;
• Procedures for monitoring and reporting on project;
• Accountable to PM for quality of reporting information;
• Ensuring compliance with procedures for bidding;
• Challenging cost, time and resource (CTR) estimates in bids;
• Accountable for ensuring all bids issued are developed consistently with project schedule and resource plan;
• Monitoring and reporting of project key performance indicators;
• Carry out schedule and cost risk analysis as and when required and advise action plan to mitigate the delays, if any.
• Managing the interface with the F+G Project Finance team and ensuring billing meets contract and client requirements;
• Management and update of Project Management Plan;
• Being the first point of escalation in the project on all cost and schedule challenges.
• Develop systems and procedures for Project control functions at the onset of the project or when there are additional requirements from the client
• Understanding of the fundamentals of project scheduling in a professional scheduling tool (MS Project & Primavera 6)
• Understand the inter-relationship between the time, cost and commercial aspects of the project life cycle.
• Prior experience of interacting with a client on schedule and cost aspects of a project.
• Good working knowledge and demonstrated application of Earned Value Management technique
• Use of an Industry recognised software tool that manages costs on major projects
• Track record of dashboard reporting, use of key indicators, forecasting and regular schedule/cost update
• Good understanding of project risk management techniques and working knowledge of the management/mitigation of project cost and schedule risk
Required Knowledge and Attributes
• Educated to degree level in a relevant field, or suitable experience in place of a degree.
• High level of numeracy and excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent MS Office skills, well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Exhibits a strong awareness of the level of interaction required with the project team function to support the successful delivery of projects.
• The ability to reconcile cost information as it applies to the programmes of work.
• Proficient in the interpretation of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools.
• Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills working in a team environment.
• Good attention to detail with good time management skills.
• Excellent communication and presentational skills.
• Able to use initiative.
Right to work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Reward and Benefits
Faithful+Gould offer competitive packages in line with the current market. A number of non-contractual benefits are also available which are intended to provide support to extra-curricular activities or domestic needs. The overall package will include a range of benefits and the flexibility surrounding what is available will be discussed at interview.
Faithful+Gould offer a comprehensive reward package including:
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus 8 days paid bank holidays per annum (pro-rata for part time staff or for part years worked)
• Employees in service at 1st April each year can buy up to 15 days or sell up to 5 days holiday
• Competitive pension scheme
• Car Allowance
• Employee Well Being Programme (EWP)
• Share incentive plan
• Life assurance scheme
• Professional membership fees paid
• Income Protection
• Personal accident cover
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Give as you earn scheme
• Health Club Membership & Leisure Discounts
• Discounted BUPA healthcare scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• IT related discounts
• Mobile phone discounts
To join a company that is as committed to diversity as it is to excellence click apply now.