Atkins has a Vision to be the world’s best infrastructure consultancy. Our mission to support this is “We will lead the way in shaping the future of transport by combining the best skills, expertise and capacity across our market to get closer to the heart of our clients, driving greater value for them and for Atkins”.
Infrastructure investment in support of better and modern public services and growth in the Scottish economy is a top priority for the Scottish Government. Their infrastructure programme will be delivered in a way which offers maximum value for money and they have set out three overarching aims for their infrastructure programme. These are to provide certainty about the investment plans, to ensure that the investment plans they have set out are sustainable and affordable this year, next year and over the long term and to deliver sustainable economic growth, ensuring that the investments that are made will help support a strong recovery and a strong Scottish economy. Atkins are at the heart of this investment strategy and are looking to expand their contribution to the growing Scottish economy.
The Scottish Government is taking forward a comprehensive infrastructure investment programme http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Government/Finance/18232/IIP/ProjectPipelineMarch2016
To meet our growth ambitions we are seeking high calibre Project Directors to lead a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, environmentalists and other specialists to develop solutions from concept to detailed design, specification and construction on an expanding portfolio of the biggest and most challenging UK projects. We are flexible in terms of location.
Come and join Atkins work with people who thrive in the strong team environment and are committed to doing more than what’s expected to provide exceptional solutions for our clients. Your contribution will be valued and you’ll be offered a competitive salary, flexible benefits and structured professional development opportunities in return for your hard work.
· Providing leadership on a significant programme of major multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects.
· Client engagement at a regional and national level.
· Maintain and further develop the existing teams to continue to deliver world class engineering projects on time and to budget
· Meet the clients business objectives and for them to feel confident in our ability to deliver.
· Briefing and directing project teams to ensure the work is carried out cost effectively and to specification, whilst liaising with the board, and taking an active part in the board’s decision making process.
· Ensuring the ethos of safety is maintained and promoted throughout the regional business and show personal leadership.
· Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer
· Significant Experience working with Transport Scotland on major infrastructure projects
· Programme Management experience at a senior level with a successful track record of managing multiple project teams within major multi million pound projects.
· You will be experienced in programme planning, able to set standards, provide guidance, and audit delivery of the standards.
· You will have the confidence and experience to pro-actively engage with our customers at all levels and in all circumstances.
· Knowledge and experience to handle contractual issues competently.
· Awareness and specialist knowledge to ensure safety in the infrastructure environment.
· Well-developed leadership, communication, negotiating, influencing and inter-personal skills, with the drive and commitment to achieve programme wide objectives.
· A management level knowledge of and commitment to customer service, financial control, competitive tendering, engineering quality and health and safety matters.
You should have strong leadership and managerial qualities, with proven team management and communication skills, and the ability to motivate and mentor staff accordingly.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.