This role will produce and co-ordinate design and construction drawings, specifications, reports and studies for the infrastructure to support Information Communication Technology (ICT) and Computer Information Systems (CIS). As well as designing the infrastructure, the role will also undertake technical site surveys, investigations, site installation activities and technical assurance of ICT/CIS infrastructure. This role will support our clients at all stages of the design lifecycle, from the requirements capture, business case development and initial design through to commissioning and in life support.
When not actively involved in project work, the role will support the bid teams in providing responses to proposals/PQQ/ITT and assisting the Capability Lead in building the experience and profile of the capability.
There will be frequent travel to other UK mainland locations that may require overnight stays, and the possibility of work overseas.
You will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
• Ensuring that the quality of project work meets agreed standards and specifications;
• Produce technical surveys, concept designs and construction drawings in compliance with relevant industry standards and regulations;
• Carry out QA checks of drawings and documentation completed by Technicians / Engineers; and
• Maintain a reliable and consistent communication interface with Technicians and Engineers
• ICT design work including AutoCAD designs and specifications;
• Client liaison, relationship management and business development;
• Liaison with other contractors, companies, suppliers and internal multi-disciplined engineering teams;
• Awareness of security and information assurance;
• Awareness of Project management, Project finance and time/cost management techniques;
• To ensure Atkins corporate business processes and procedures are followed as appropriate, and assist in meeting the requirements of internal and external audit teams;
• Support bid work, including the preparation of responses to PQQ and ITT; and
• Assist in the development of the capability.
You should be able to demonstrate:
• Knowledge and experience of ICT/CIS passive infrastructure systems, including HVAC and power requirements
• Knowledge of data centres design;
• Experience or awareness in the design of resilient communications infrastructure; and
• Engineering degree or equivalent desirable;
• ICT design and project management qualifications, such NVQs, HNC or HND, or Modern Apprenticeship;
• CIDA qualification preferential;
• Have good relevant experience and understanding of building services infrastructure;
• Health & Safety construction certification;
• Experience of commercial construction, MOD and other Government departments projects;
• Developing productive working relationships with key clients and suppliers at all levels;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Competent in use of MS Project, AutoCAD, and MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Use of BIM techniques and programs preferential;
• Able to create documents / reports / processes appropriate to the needs of the recipient;
• Able to demonstrate organisation ability, time management and prioritising work load.
• Achievement – Holds high standards and works to goals and manages obstacles. Energy and determination in meeting targets and overcoming challenges;
• Communication – Listens and questions effectively, concise verbal and written communication skills and effective questioning / listening skills. Able to communicate with confidence at higher and lower levels;
• Customer Focus – Delivers a high level of customer services to our external and internal customers;
• Initiative – Ability to analyse data and situations, break down work into key tasks and activities. Ability to solve problems using own initiative and make sound decisive decisions within an agreed area of authority;
• Teamwork – Ability to work cooperatively with others and provide input where required. This will require working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams and across many parts of the company; and
• Flexibility – Ability to adapt approach to individual situations and remain calm under pressure. Willing to work flexible working week if required. Understand the needs and constraints of projects, and have the ability to flex around these constraints.