If you are an experienced project engineer who is capable of managing technical projects and with a drive for excellent project delivery, we are waiting for you to join our team.The Person
If you are looking to build a career as a professional project manager and are interested in helping us shape the future of our business, then we’d love you to apply for this role.
Working within our Energy business in Bristol, you’ll be helping us to design complex new schemes, assure the longevity and integrity of existing infrastructure and deliver innovative consultancy advice to core clients, critical to the success of the global energy market.
You’ll be managing engineering tasks and projects for and on behalf of our clients, or taking responsibility for internal packages of work from your base office in Bristol.
The project engineering opportunities we have are varied in size and nature, and suit a range of project management styles, backgrounds and experience levels. For those looking to build a career in project management these opportunities are likely to involve more joint ventures and design and build style contracts. With that comes the opportunity of personal development and challenges to help the business deliver and integrate larger and more complex projects, whilst ensuring robust risk, change control and commercial management.
You have a ‘can-do’ approach, are keen to learn and are proven in turning your hand to new challenges and can demonstrate awareness of your own limitations and are not afraid to ask questions.
You are a fantastic communicator and listener who is organised and able to integrate quickly into diverse multi-disciplinary teams. You have an ability to self-motivate, getting the best out of other team members, dealing with conflict, and discussing their enthusiasm about staff development in conjunction with their strong delivery culture.
You are client-, quality-, time- and safety-focused. You can demonstrate a client and / or stakeholder management capability, involving the key consultancy skills of listening, taking a balanced and measured view, and engaging the right people at the right time.
You have experience of being involved in either engineering or construction projects, delivering to time, cost, quality and safety, particularly in front end design, and are able to demonstrate your application of project engineering skills, across projects with various technical challenges.
In addition to demonstrating the relevant experience and people skills, you’ll also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree qualified in a related Engineering or Science based discipline, or hold a professional Project Management related qualification.
- Experience in the following areas would be of particular interest:
- Nuclear industry experience is advantageous. However, we are principally looking for first class technical / engineering / construction project engineers with the capacity to learn and develop their skills for the nuclear industry and demonstrate strong consultancy attributes.
- Construction implementation or manufacturing experience in addition is desirable.
- Ability to support the development of client relationships and to win work, or secure additional funding (as appropriate), through bidding/sales/marketing/presentation.
- Understanding of different contract types and contract negotiations.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in virtually every region of the world, in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
- This is an exciting time for Atkins, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our services in the Energy sector in the UK. As part of a single Energy business, there will be opportunities to develop your skills and experience in the UK working across all our Energy clients and also for international travel as part of the global Energy business.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
- Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house and well as external training for all of our staff.
Reward & Benefits
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave. Flexible working options will be considered for this vacancy.