Due to increased workload within our Networks and Drainage team, we are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to join our Warrington business.
The successful individual will be Chartered with an appropriate institution or looking to develop professionally and as a minimum will be working towards chartership. They will be highly self-motivated and proactive and will be able to demonstrate an ability to work closely with others in a variety of project roles. He/she will be knowledgeable about changes in the Water Industry and implications on design and performance criteria.
The role may require the post holder to work away from their normal office and in client and other Atkins offices for extended periods.
Honours Degree in Civil Engineering or related subject
Attained or working towards Chartered status (ICE or CIWEM)
- Experience in the UK Water Industry, surface water management projects, detailed drainage design and specification of Sustainable Drainage Systems (SUDS)
- Experience of wastewater network engineering including the design and specification of gravity and pumped systems and attenuation.
- Knowledge of industry standard drainage (including property development drainage) and wastewater networks design
- Experience of highway drainage outline and/or detailed design
- Proven track record in coordinating and delivering technically excellent projects on time and to budget
- First class written and oral communication skills
- Competence in the use of AutoCad and Hydraulic modelling – Infoworks/Microdrainage
- Knowledge of the planning application process including the latest planning guidance regarding SUDS & wastewater infrastructure. (NPPF, National Standards for Sustainable drainage, Non statutory technical standards for SUDS)
- The ability to produce designs which adhere to current planning legislation.
Desirable but not Essential Criteria
- Experience of team working on multi-disciplinary projects including the use of web based technology for sharing on screen information
- Sound commercial understanding
- Team builder, developing the technical excellence of our team.
- Able to develop and motivate others
- Proven record of developing client relationships
- Project Management experience.
- Driving licence highly desirable
- Site experience
- Lead the technical design of wastewater infrastructure and drainage projects and ensure delivery of high quality wastewater infrastructure civil designs
- Lead the planning and design of surface water management schemes including sustainable drainage features
- Undertake hydraulic designs of wastewater networks using appropriate software and maintain high levels of awareness and application of developments in software packages
- Project and design management of schemes, delivering projects to time and to budget
- Prepare financial and technical proposals for project opportunities
- Supervision, management and technical development of junior members of staff
- Client and stakeholder engagement
- Co-ordination with other disciplines working on the projects and site team
- Manage projects ensuring delivery to time, quality and budget
- Work collaboratively with other project team members
- Checking the outputs and quality of work completed by others
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.