This role will report into the Deliver Work Manager and will form an integral part to the Deliver Work Team.
- Monitor the cost performance of a series of projects within a larger programme
- Conduct analysis of forecast position vs. budget and provide detailed reporting
- Generation and maintenance of financial models
- Produce regular financial reporting dashboards for management teams
- Full understanding of Earned Value Management
- Use earned value management methods to monitor trends and highlight any early warnings
- Ensure that cost data matches the project summary report
- Monitor planned spend vs. actual spend
- Generate project cash flows from the terms stated in the contract
- Establish budgets at the start of a project and issue to project teams
- Manage the applications for payment process
- Establish and maintain regular invoicing in accordance with the contract, paying strict attention to cashflow
- Provide assistance, advice and guidance on financial management of projects and contribute to the accurate management and reporting of value and cost.
- Ensure adherence to Atkins internal Business Management System (BMS)
- Understanding of the Project Summary Report and its direct relation to Cost Value Reconciliation in Enterprise Advantage.
- Prepare the internal cost reconciliation of proposed Change Fees and forward to Commercial Manager for his further review of the cost vs fee;
- Help to resolve ongoing finance issues that could impact a project’s commercial success.
- Monthly review of JDE time and expense to review anomalies; mis-postings, if any
- Assist Central Finance team on any queries
- Help to resolve issues regarding reconciliation of project costs and expenses
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins Middle East is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Working in a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience with a world renowned consultant.
- Minimum of 5 year's of experience from Financial / Quantity Surveyor background
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrable experience in cost controlling and analysis
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office Package
- Advanced MS Excel Skills VBA skills preferential
- Project Management experience or theoretical knowledge an advantage
- Strong advocate of core processes
- Good PM Skills
- Enthusiastic, approachable, encouraging and motivating
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business
- Strong interpersonal skills and networking ability
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Professional membership fees
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Apply and the Process:
We are currently looking for Projects Finance Analyst to support our Atkins business. We are in the process of shortlisting the candidates and will advise you on your status by the end May 2017.