Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.
As part of our regional growth plans, we are currently looking for an experienced Project Manager.
• You will be a recognised expert with a minimum of 15 years’ experience working for engineering consultants as a Project Manager managing civil infrastructure projects (Roads, bridges , utilities) with a minimum of 7 years in the Dubai/UAE market
• Lead the Project Management Service for major projects
• Manage all sub-consultants
• Manage Relationships between the key stakeholders
• Review systems, procedures and documentation for the project
• Maintain Consistent and adequate process and procedures
• Proactively manage solutions to issues and opportunities
• Manage all Programme risk and contingencies
• Identify KPI’s and measure Performance
• Direct the project team to meet delivery requirements.
• The project manager will execute his duties to the highest possible standards. It is expected that the project manager’s role will ensure sound people and project management, and will require include but not be limited to the following key functions:
• Implementing an appropriate and effective project or programme management framework, incorporating necessary review processes as required.
• Defining and implementing criteria for control and management of the project.
• Coordinating and directing end-user input throughout the project lifecycle.
• Appraising options and submitting them to the client for approval.
• Coordinating the value management strategy.
• Managing the project budget, including risk allowances.
• Monitoring and controlling changes / variations following approval by the client.
• Determining and managing risks that may affect the project in any way, particularly schedule, budget or quality / specifications.
• Facilitating effective communication and action as main point of contact between the client and site delivery team.
• Ensuring the site delivery team receives the necessary stakeholder decisions in a timely fashion.
• Establishing a mechanism to ensure collaborative problem solving with the project team, which will involve regular dialogue with contractors, team working and risk-sharing.
• Negotiating and converting contracts as required by the project
• Overseeing the award of contracts and ensuring that the client is adequately protected.
• Chairing meetings and ensure minutes are actioned in a timely manner.
• Providing timely regular and accurate reporting on the project progress, costs and quality as determined by the project director.
• Accurately checking and signing off on all payment certificates and invoices.
• Ensuring accurate finalisation of client accounts, provide substantiated recommendations for variations and ensure contractors and consultants are paid in accordance with contract schedules.
• Look for opportunities to improve the client’s position in regard to return and value.
• Identify and resolve disputes quickly and reasonably.
• Developing and maintaining good relationships with client representatives, consultants, contractors and adjoining property owners.
• Managing and coordinating the project handover phase with contractors, client contractors, tenants and building managers.
• Receiving and reviewing detailed reports on the project from the site delivery team.
• Establishing formal reporting arrangements on project progress for the client.
2. Large Mixed Use developments
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary;
• Accommodation allowance;
• Transportation allowance;
• 22 calendar days annual leave based on 5 days working
• Medical and life insurance cover;
• Company gratuity scheme;
• Discretionary bonus scheme;
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants