If you are driven Project Manager with exceptional stakeholder management skills, and thrive on working within a dynamic and diverse project delivery environment, then this could be the role for you.The Role
Working within our Energy business in Warrington, you will be in a unique position of being able to offer full concept through to detail design capability across some fantastic, inspirational projects. From our office we are involved in developing innovative, practical solutions for our clients across the UK and further afield.
You’ll be managing a variety projects for the UK energy industry- including renewables, nuclear new build, decommissioning and fuel manufacturing. The role will be both client and Atkins’ business focused. Through project management and delivery of work packages you will have the opportunity to participate in multidisciplinary technical studies and other general consulting activities.
Working closely with our clients, you’ll be consulting with them to develop a full understanding of their project requirements. You will capture client requirements and work with Atkins teams to develop plans, bids and solutions to meet these. Within this role you will proactively manage all aspects of projects and instill client confidence through professionalism and care, and making full use of appropriate tools to forecast, control and report on project progress
Other key aspects of the role include working with line managers to secure and develop resources required to deliver tasks, and establishing jobs in line with Atkins internal BMS processes. You’ll be assisting in developing best practice for project management and sharing knowledge with staff to improve our project management capability generally. You will also be supporting our operational management through project financial planning & reporting, resourcing and attention to cash flow.
Building and developing relationships is a key part of this role. You will be client focused, and have excellent communication, stakeholder management and leadership skills. A flexible approach with the ability to adapt to individual situations and remain calm under pressure will also be needed for this role, as will the ability to work effectively within a team.
In addition to being degree qualified in a related engineering or science based discipline, other key requirements include:
- Direct and demonstrable experience of managing engineering projects to time, cost and quality, particularly in front end design.
- Being able to demonstrate application of the project management skills set across projects with various technical challenges.
- Strong project management experience, delivering different forms of contract, (including e.g. fixed price, time & materials)
- A strong element of client contact
- A background gained in a technical environment working for clients from across industry
- An understanding of Nuclear Safety Design Process
- You may also demonstrate the below desirable requirements:
- Energy industry experience
- Experience of working within a consultancy (including bid writing experience)
- Construction implementation experience
- In the absence of an Engineering Degree a Project Management Degree will be considered
- Familiarity with NEC3 contracts
- Recognised and certified qualifications in Project Management skills/methods (e.g. APMP,PRINCE2,)
Additional Information and Benefits
- Travel to other company sites may be necessary. You should be willing to work flexibly and occasionally out of hours to accommodate project & client requirements.
- This is an exciting time for Atkins, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our Energy sector in the UK. There will be opportunities for international travel and applicants with a desire for non-UK based assignments will be welcomed.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
- Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy
- Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in virtually every region of the world, in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.