Are you looking for a new challenge to progress your career at a world leading project and programme management consultancy? Faithful+Gould is a leader in its field, operating at the forefront of the property, infrastructure, nuclear and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. We are looking for a collaborative and sharp minded project manager to:
Due to continued success in securing projects in the midlands we are looking for an exceptional Project Manager to join our highly successful team in Birmingham. Our projects range in value from £0.5m to £20m+ and are with a variety of high profile clients giving our Project Manager a diverse and exciting workload. We are however ideally looking for someone who has experience within the Education, Property and manufacturing sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a growing, collaborative and sociable office and make an impact. In return, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
Faithful+Gould have been crowned Construction Consultant/ Surveyor of the year in the 2015 Building Awards. This is the second time in four years Faithful+Gould have won this prestigious title.
• Lead and provide effective delivery of Project Management services across a wide range of market sectors
• Support Senior Project Managers on complex multi-faceted projects
• Provide support to PM Team Leaders as required on all business issues
To join us you’ll need:
• A relevant construction qualification and/or working towards professional membership of recognised institution ie. APM, CIOB or RICS.
• Experience of both pre and post contract project management responsibilities, and be able to deliver this service effectively to Clients.
• Experience of both public and private sector clients.
• Experience in working on projects within the Education, Property, Manufacturing, and the Public Sector.
• The ability to manage a project throughout its lifecycle.
• A general knowledge of current legal developments in respect of construction and associated law.
• Strong IT skills with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• The ability to effectively chair and minute meetings.
• Collaborating with other disciplines and the client's representative.
• Having specialist knowledge.
• Keeping abreast of relevant legislative changes.
• Managing commercial aspects of commissions and/or projects including governance, fee management activities, together with internal job costings, resource requirements and inter-trading.
• Controlling workload and resources.
• Keeping abreast of industry issues and developments in best practice.
• Well established commitment to the profession and proven ability in effectively delivering projects and associated services.
• Knowledge of current legal and regulatory developments in respect of construction and associated law.
• Practical understanding of commercial processes and profitability.
• Experience of successfully managing clients' and their expectations.
• A courteous manner with a high level of professionalism - the ability to liaise with colleagues at all levels.
• A disciplined thinker and analytical, numerate, problem solver who has the judgement and the capacity to think complex issues through and develop effective solutions in a timely fashion.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• An ability to influence others through the use of sound judgement and good sense.
• Should have the ability to work with the minimum of supervision and on their own initiative.
• A Winning Attitude - you focus on your goals, managing resources as applicable, whilst highlighting potential new or repeat business opportunities.
• Customer Driven - you fully contribute to excellent customer service and understand the customers’ changing business needs.
• Delivers - you develop delivery plans for projects, involve others and ensure objectives are met. Adaptable - you challenge the status quo and perform to a high standard in an uncertain environment, in pursuit of performance improvement.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities. Faithful+Gould are accredited Investors In People.
Right to work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Rewards and benefits
Faithful+Gould offer a comprehensive reward package including:
• 25 days annual leave per annum plus 8 days paid bank holidays per annum (pro-rata for part time staff or for part years worked)
• Employees in service at 1st April each year can buy up to 15 days or sell up to 5 days holiday
• Attractive pension scheme
• Employee Well Being Programme (EWP)
• Share incentive plan
• Life assurance scheme
• Professional membership fees paid
• Income Protection
• Personal accident cover
• Give as you earn scheme
• Health Club Membership & Leisure Discounts
• Discounted BUPA healthcare scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• IT related discounts
• Mobile phone discounts
To join a company that is as committed to diversity as it is to excellence click apply now.